Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 21-05-2020 05:39 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
monk2
Pathfinder
Options
Greece -model 55'' Nu7093 - firmware 1292
Rowley1
Great work with this unfortunately even though Greece is in the EU they lack a long way behind in customer service.
As a none Greek with the language it is easy for me to be fobbed off.
georgek1. do you have any idea who to contact in Greece for consumer help.
0 Likes
georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

@chribonn wrote:

@Sergio-N wrote:

Anyone wants to start a Citizins' Initiative?
https://europa.eu/citizens-initiative/_en
We may not get all the signatures we need, but it might (hopefully) get a response from Samsung. 
Fact is that they shouldn't be scaming customers, there isn't any mentioning of the capacity on their website, their cardbord or their reseller. This is an omission of a basic function required for a "Smart" Tv.

This is a call for transperency not only from Samsung but from all Manufactures and resellers, if you don't know (or care)  if what you are sell is defective you should be responsible as well.

I'm in.  Let's see if EU lives up to its promises.  We need 7 EU citizens to kick start the process.  

1. @Sergio-N

2. @chribonn 

I am in Greece, I am too.

0 Likes
georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

@HHLONG wrote:
funny, I notice your guys FW is 1292, that the latest FW in the EU???

cause I got the FW 1294 in VN

I am on 1294 as well. I can say I was on 1293 before it goes to service and when I got it with motherboard change it was 1294. But as far as I know it doesnt roll up the same time to all TVs. For example i remember once, there was a firmware version everybody talking here and I was on a version before. After a few days I got it. 

Its a common practice to roll versions progressively to avoid server traffic and of course to have a feedback if something's wrong. For example they roll to 1000 users in Greece, 1000 to Spain, etc.. if after few days they dont have any serious feedback, they roll to 2000 to Greece, 2000 to Spain, etc.. And after a safe period updates to the rest TVs.

0 Likes
georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

http://www.synigoroskatanaloti.gr

We need to find more people in Greece for a collective complaint.

0 Likes
bendede
Explorer
Options

From France, ok too about the Citizins' Initiative

0 Likes
Rayan06
Student
Options

I'm French, OK ! 

0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

@chribonn @Sergio-N 

you can add me to the group as 3rd

0 Likes
fraibean
Pioneer
Options
C’est gentil mais nous sommes français mais nous avons effectivement ce même problème
0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

As we stand.  Once we are at least 7 we need to organise ourselves.  More than 7 people will be necessary - much more but this is a start.

I can offer my block for starters.

1. @Sergio-N

2. @chribonn

3. @bendede

4. @Rayan06

5. @mazzinia

6. @fraibean

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@chribonn wrote:

As we stand.  Once we are at least 7 we need to organise ourselves.  More than 7 people will be necessary - much more but this is a start.

I can offer my block for starters.

1. @Sergio-N

2. @chribonn

3. @bendede

4. @Rayan06

5. @mazzinia

6. @fraibean

@chribon.

Happy to add my name to this just please tell me how.

0 Likes