Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 15-05-2020 01:16 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
SCLee
Explorer
Options

You must like stress! This is what fixes the issue, there is no way to get more storage unless you buy another TV or add a SD card with a stick. It's how the TV's are, they have poor storage space. 

But as I said, factory reset and add the apps you want again (including the new apps like Apple) and you'll have them all. 

There is a bigger issue with Samsung TV's in that they disconnect from the wi-fi constantly and this I need REAl help with. 

0 Likes
georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

@SCLee wrote:

You must like stress! This is what fixes the issue, there is no way to get more storage unless you buy another TV or add a SD card with a stick. It's how the TV's are, they have poor storage space. 

But as I said, factory reset and add the apps you want again (including the new apps like Apple) and you'll have them all. 

There is a bigger issue with Samsung TV's in that they disconnect from the wi-fi constantly and this I need REAl help with. 

If you read this thread more carefully, you will see many cases that storage is not released when you factory reset. In my case even Samsung was unable to fix it with software way so that why they are changing the motherboard. I will soon get the TV back from service. 

How that sounds to you?

0 Likes
SCLee
Explorer
Options

georgek1. Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about! Because the TV wouldn't let me add new apps until I factory reset it and then from start up it let me add the older apps and the new ones (Disney, Apple etc...) and now they all work perfectly fine. Oh wow, sounds like a fix to me. 

After a few days it won't let you add any more apps because it will use the free space to update the exsting apps. It will tell you there is no more space left and you have to delete something. but all the apps are undeletable apart from NowTV. 

0 Likes
georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

@SCLee wrote:

georgek1. Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about! Because the TV wouldn't let me add new apps until I factory reset it and then from start up it let me add the older apps and the new ones (Disney, Apple etc...) and now they all work perfectly fine. Oh wow, sounds like a fix to me. 

You have to

1) understand that not all cases are the same. Some people have their problems fixed by factory reset and some (including me) factory reset released only 40mb more (from 130mb went to 170mb). So it's nice to give your advice but keep in mind that this workaround already given to us by Samsung support. And as long and it doesn't work we need to get our TV fixed by hardware way

2) watch your mouth and the way you speak to people here. 

0 Likes
SCLee
Explorer
Options

No, thank you, I'll talk to anyone how I please if they're being ****** with me. I tried to help you guys and all I got was an ear full, so you got it back it return. And now I'm leaving never to think of you guys again. Bye. 

0 Likes
Casaron
Explorer
Options

Bye 

0 Likes
PropaBo
Explorer
Options
Has anyone actually found any 'official' specifications showing that the affected models have more than 1gb storage? I can't seem to find anything 'official', only a few third party specs that seem to 'assume' they have 4gb storage. It is odd that my 2018/19 55" 7 series has only 1gb, whereas the 2013 32" in my daughter's room has 1.5gb, problem is nobody really has a leg to stand on legally without concrete evidence that Samsung advertised this model with more than 1gb. As I said before, I won't be buying Samsung ever again, simples!
0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

No TVs are advertised with the amount of RAM/ROM storage. It's not part of the marketing as it's simply taken as read that the TV is fit for purpose in that it can accommodate the operating system, updates for the system and associated apps if it's a smart TV.

All TVs have this *apart from* the 2018 NU7000 range. On that basis, Samsung has no defence and any claim by definition has the law on their side.

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@SCLee wrote:

No, thank you, I'll talk to anyone how I please if they're being shirty with me. I tried to help you guys and all I got was an ear full, so you got it back it return. And now I'm leaving never to think of you guys again. Bye. 

Good bye.

0 Likes
Garyt83
Journeyman
Options

Sigh. Some people.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of that would stand up.. If the original packaging displayed apps that clearly wont install due to the issues surrounding the space.

Other than that trying to do anything legal about it sadly wont work as it fits the basic requirements to be a smart tv and was made to accomodate the market at release not the future market (IE the numbe rof available apps)

0 Likes