Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 07-05-2020 11:29 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

I have UE50NU7402 and I am in Greece. I had 130mb left and Samsung support asked to factory reset. Afer factory reset it went to 170mb. Samsung support remotely logged in to my TV but they were unable to fix it, as they say it has to be around 700-800mb free. They tried some clear apps/reinstall as well. They told me they have some other similar cases and they dont have a solution yet.  They ask me to wait a few days. After a few days called me and they said a technician will call me to arrange pick up of the TV. After two days a guy called me and he asked to arrange to pick up the TV to fix the issue. I asked him what is the solution and he said Motherboard replacement. I am not so happy replacing the motherboard in a brand (almost 1 year TV) and I asked for TV replacement. Samsung Greece dont really like to replace TVs they always prefer to fix so I am not sure if they will accept it. I'd rather pay a difference to buy a better model in order to get rid the NU7402 model.

0 Likes
bIOforger
Navigator
Options

@georgeK1 wrote:

I have UE50NU7402 and I am in Greece. I had 130mb left and Samsung support asked to factory reset. Afer factory reset it went to 170mb. Samsung support remotely logged in to my TV but they were unable to fix it, as they say it has to be around 700-800mb free. They tried some clear apps/reinstall as well. They told me they have some other similar cases and they dont have a solution yet.  They ask me to wait a few days. After a few days called me and they said a technician will call me to arrange pick up of the TV. After two days a guy called me and he asked to arrange to pick up the TV to fix the issue. I asked him what is the solution and he said Motherboard replacement. I am not so happy replacing the motherboard in a brand (almost 1 year TV) and I asked for TV replacement. Samsung Greece dont really like to replace TVs they always prefer to fix so I am not sure if they will accept it. I'd rather pay a difference to buy a better model in order to get rid the NU7402 model.

This is just Samsung's default way of fobbing you off. The motherboard will be the same with the same storage, it won't make any difference.

georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

ok but I am not stupid, i will see the storage left after motherboard change. but as I said I will fight to refund and replace with another model, maybe a QLED 60R or 70R ?

0 Likes
dan1979
Student
Options
Not stupid but would use the refund to buy another Samsung?!

Surely this farce tells you something about the 'brains' working for Samsung and what sort of company they are when they clearly don't intend to fix it.

My TV needs a 149MB update. I have 44MB of storage available. If I delete every app I am able to delete I will still be 100MB short.

I have a manual on there that's more than 97MB which I don't want plus another 15-20MB of apps I will never use. So Samsung could clearly fix this if it could be bothered.

georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

Well, I cant really ask for a refund to buy another brand.  What other options I have? LG NanoCell or LG OLED which is double price? I prefer to give +100EU and buy a QLED instead.

0 Likes
PropaBo
Explorer
Options
I know for a fact I will not be purchasing anything from Samsung again in the future. I stopped buying Samsung phones many years ago because of their battery warranty policy (2 years warranty on the phone, only 6 months on the battery). Useless garbage!
0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options
Can confirm Series 7 is still on sale in Greece, obviously discounted because of year but no mention when buying of internal memory problems
0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Hi George.

just noticed your post  i am also in Greece, had an online talk with someone from Samsung Greece yesterday.

He gave me the factory reset /reset hub/ firmware fix going to be released soon comments everyone here has had before.

Really nice guy, i told him of this site and all the promises from Samsung for around 18 months  said he would look into it and get back to me.

We will see !!

0 Likes
georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

Hello monk2,

does the factory reset helped you to get more space? Did you asked for hardware fix or replacement?

0 Likes
dan1979
Student
Options

Maybe it's a language thing as you mention you're from Greece but a refund means you get your money back into your bank account. If you're entitled to a refund it's none of Samsung's business what you do with it after you receive it.

I bought a Sony TV more recently than the Samsung. Android OS is not perfect but it is very flexible with a wide choice of apps. For example, I can play the games stored on my PC upstairs using an wireless controller or an arcade stick if I want and the in-built Chromecast means it's easy to use with my phone.

It also comes with plenty of storage and doesn't force a bunch of ads and apps on me I don't want.