Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 10:26 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Dannymot
Explorer
Options
How do I delete all apps?
0 Likes
GalaxyNET
First Poster
Options

I have UE55NU7092, i have firmware 1292 and i do all the things and delete option is still grayed out. I managed to install twitch app. Via this guide:

https://github.com/fgl27/smarttv-twitch

Any suggestions ?

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options
I'm afraid you can't. The built-in apps are there to stay, apart from the e-manual which can be deleted, but looking at recent posts here it seems hit and miss and rather convoluted.
0 Likes
Dannymot
Explorer
Options

Oh right. So the only option was to delete the manual but I seemingly can't. So purchasing this TV means I got: An HDR issue, more forced apps than storage space, and a communication issue with the Android shield so CEC causes buggy behaviour. Ouch I really lucked out choosing this TV. 

Vgz
First Poster
Options

This not working on 1292

Whole time the delete is grayed out.

0 Likes
Dannymot
Explorer
Options
It's not working on 1294
0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@Dannymot wrote:

Oh right. So the only option was to delete the manual but I seemingly can't. So purchasing this TV means I got: An HDR issue, more forced apps than storage space, and a communication issue with the Android shield so CEC causes buggy behaviour. Ouch I really lucked out choosing this TV. 

I feel your frustration. I managed to get a refund for my NU7500 after 4 months of tussling with John Lewis. I'd recommend dealing with your retailer as generally the posters here have had a positive result, despite it taking a while and requiring dogged persistence.

Samsung should be taken to court over this issue but it won't happen as it's not as dramatic as the exploding battery fiasco. Just another example of corporate incompetence.

0 Likes
bIOforger
Navigator
Options

@Dannymot wrote:

I can go into developer mode. I can reset the hub so that it asks for you to agree to the terms again. I can cancel the deep button at the bottom. Delete is still greyed out. 

No, dont do anything after the smarthub reset, go straight back into DEV mode, then delete should become available, well it did for me.

0 Likes
GalaxyNET
First Poster
Options

Can't get delete enabled, no matter what on 1292. I just wanna delete e-manual.

0 Likes
GalaxyNET
First Poster
Options

Can we flash a custom firmware or downgrade official firmware somehow, or can we upgrade the system memory to 2gb or something,  Samsung gave us "Store" that have almost nothing and we can't install nothing becouse of  insufficient memory ?

0 Likes