Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 02-03-2020 07:58 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

Interesting,

for my UE40NU7192UXXH , the firmware available online is still 1292.1

0 Likes
Mattyboi79
Journeyman
Options

I have been in a webchat with samsung about this issue, the first time i spoke with them the man the other end took control of my tv, he deleted all apps etc rebooted my tv, i signed back in and my storage space increased to 4%.

i then reset the smart hub and my memory went down to 2%. I only have 5 personal apps on my tv.

he said wait for the new update 1292.3

i waited and installed this update on friday via usb drive, the tv is excactly the same still fluctuates between 2% and 6% available.

i then went back on to the webchat and got someone different, apparently there is now a service buletin out, there is a technician coming out to me and i am now having my main board changed this Saturday.

i will let you know how it goes, im not holding out much hope but fingers crossed.

My tv by the way is a ue65nu7500

0 Likes
bIOforger
Navigator
Options
@Mattyboi79 unfortunately you have just been fobbed off, they are hoping you wont chase it up again afterwards, changing the mobo wont make any difference. This has been done for many people in this thread.
Mattyboi79
Journeyman
Options

I know this but i have nothing to lose, if it doesn't make any difference once the board has been changed i will take it further until its sorted,

i need to start somwhere and it seems that they would rather waste money on main boards and engineers before recalling all affected tv,s and giving and upgraded model.

my logic is let them try and fix and just work on from there.

bIOforger
Navigator
Options

Yea i know, but it wont make any difference, they are just wasting your time. I doubt they have lost a penny on these TV's even whilst replacing the mobos, you could see it as them wanting to get rid of compromised stock instead. They would never do a recall on such a flaw by the way. Its only when health is affected and massive law suits are a potential that they will do anything (*cough note7 cockup) and even then it took over a year to resolve.

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

On the plus side the manufacturer has one 'right of repair' under consumer law, once the item is over six months old, so the mobo replacement is that. Once it's found to be a failure it gives more authority to the customer's claim for a replacement or refund, so I can see the logic in allowing the pointless procedure to go ahead. Why Samsung want to waste their time and money doing it is a mystery though, as they must know it won't work.

Mattyboi79
Journeyman
Options

Well as i say i have nothing to lose, it will count as 1 repair at least.

failing this i have just signed up to the resolver website.

0 Likes
Vengeance72
Pioneer
Options

I'll be honest, I'm counting the 'repair' as the software update and firmware fix. Just because a physical replacement of something takes place, doesn't solely make it a repair.

0 Likes
illia
Student
Options

reset all applications tizen instruction example https://onsign.tv/tutorials/how-to-reset-sssp/ Using the Samsung System Menu is at the owners own risk, this site accepts no responsibility for any damage caused to your equipment.
It most cases there is no need to alter any options in this menu, always make a note of default settings before making changes.
Altering the System Menu could damage your TV and void your warranty.

0 Likes
Grandapa_Arf
Explorer
Options

I'll be installing the new update this evening. Based on what you all are saying it will make bugger all difference.  However, Crapsung tech support did say that for me to get back to them if the problem persists after the update.

I reported the issue whilst under warranty, they replaced the mobo, but i will continue to persue this should this memory issue not be resolved. As someone mentioned earlier, ...it's like buying a car with a 65 litre fuel tank, and only 1 litre is available to use!  So this has to be resolved.

I think I'm better off buying another Apple TV box and plug that into the tv, then I'll be able to install all the apps I need without memory issues! 

0 Likes