Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 03:10 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Badaboing
Explorer
Options
Just to add, the information I received suggests that there are now fewer default apps after a Smart Hub Reset, therefore freeing up some storage space for custom apps. Has anyone noticed this?

I'll do a reset at some point this week and report back.
0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

Interesting! I agree its probably more misinformation but worth going through the motions, with before and after photos. I'd bet anything that they haven't 'resolved the problem completely' or even slightly.

Casaron
Explorer
Options

Good evening 

Interesting info. However, what shall I do now:-

I mentioned earlier that there is a firmware update. Should I do this first, and then reset the hub, or the other way around?

Think I'll wait for any positive feedback first - i.e. there is anything in this even. Fingers crossed though.

0 Likes
chancooluk
Journeyman
Options

I've updated to V1290 over USB then reset the TV.

Overall there are more apps installed by default, but the storage space is still basically nothing. At least I haven't had to install anything on external storage this time, bit there is still only 22MB of storage free. That will soon disappear once one or two of the apps get updated.

Default Installed apps:

Netflix

Prime

iPlayer

ITV hub

Apple TV

Google Play Movies

Rakuten

YouTube

Smartthings

Gallery

Chilli

All4

My5

Britbox

UKTVPlay

Xite

Universal Guide

BBC news

BBC sport

McAfee

Internet

E-manual

0 Likes
Goody1
Pioneer
Options

Yes I agree with Chancooluk, although I think I might have gained 1% of memory

0 Likes
chancooluk
Journeyman
Options
After about an hour of use, it's back gone down to 1% 12.29MB, it will be back to 0.00bytes tomorrow.
0 Likes
Maxhitz
Apprentice
Options

J series... 0mb available

New mobo installed yesterday...updated with latest firmware... 450mb available

0 Likes
chancooluk
Journeyman
Options
J series? Are we still talking about the NU7400?
0 Likes
Maxhitz
Apprentice
Options

Thread title

0 Likes
VKS3385
Journeyman
Options

Got final verdict from samsung yesterday. Its the same as before. He told me it have 4GB onboard flash storage but user can't see or use it. I m down to 110mb with only inbuilt apps now. Samsung refuses it to concern as a fault, as whole NU series have same, SAMSUNG SUPER DESIGN ARCHITECTURE, as per told by samsung voc. He said, you should have checked before buying, that was my mistake that i have trusted samsung emails and call infos. I really should have checked. I asked samsung by mail regarding NU and RU RAM and storage details, they told me both NU n RU have same 1.25 to 1.5gb RAM and 4GB storage. What would a customer think of this info provided by sansung itself. Atleast show me where is that Foo*ing 4GB is being used. How can i trust that it do have 4GB storage while i cant see or use it. Samsung have lost a customer for life and i will never suggest anyone to buy any samsung product anymore. I m moving to consumer court soon. Just waiting reply from my dealer also.