Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps keep closing smart tv

(Topic created on: 19-06-2020 08:47 PM)
Philback37
First Poster
Options

I have a samsung smart tv model un50nu6900. The smarthub apps (mostly hulu and netflix) keep closing randomly and screen returns to standard tv. I have updated the software to the latest version from the samsung website. No change. Please help.

33 REPLIES 33
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Philback37! Please restart the TV: unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on. If this doesn't help, try resetting the Smart Hub instead: Menu > Settings > Support > Self diagnosis > Reset the Smart Hub.

andreagutierrez
First Poster
Options

As a person who has been dealing with this same problem for over a year, I think it's the software that needs to be updated because my Hulu app CONSTANTLY closes in the middle of me watching an episode of something and then I have to watch ads all over again. Please someone anyone that works for Samsung please fix this problem ASAP.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Is this only affecting this particular app @andreagutierrez ? Would you be able to tell me what TV and software version do you have? 

0 Likes
Ardneat
First Poster
Options

I have the EXACT same problem with my Samsung UN65MU8000 software version 1280.5 - About to sell and go with different brand, tv is less than 3 years old and they discontinue software/firmware support and updates? Forget this! Can’t ever watch an entire movie without this happening!

Updates4dayz
First Poster
Options

I hear you spent numerous hours performing manual updates, system restores, smart hub reset, direct Ethernet vs WiFi, cables, deleting. Cache etc Will not play 4K or hardly streams. Contacted Samsung was told my tv was 1 year to old for updates, firmware etc so was more or less screwed. Bought end 15 maybe 16 un60ju7100fxza UHD 4K 3d 240hz refresh rate tv for 2300 to be ahead of the curve when they all went that route to find this out! You have this tv and want 4K expect to by a separate streaming advice if you want to get close to touching what the tv should do. Still a sweet tv with a great picture none the less 

0 Likes
Spacenado
Student
Options

I have the same model and same issue. I've had the TV for at least 2 years and tried all the methods you mentioned. It helps for a short while, but I end up having the same issue a month or two later. It's almost to the point where I need to buy a new TV. The picture is perfect, but the apps are almost unusable.

Maverix007
Student
Options

Uggggh, all THREE of my Samsung smart TVs have this problem! Soooo annoying!!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

0 Likes
Carolyn2
First Poster
Options

Samsung people - 

I just bought a brand new Samsung TV and the same thing is happening.

I’m so annoyed.

Fix this !!!

Binka1
First Poster
Options

Same here. This issue started a few months after buing our Samsung tv. I have tried so many things and can't get it to stop happening. Watching anything on demand is almost impossible. Is there really no way to fix this?? I won't buy Samsung tvs again in the future if there isn't a fix because it's ridiculous.

0 Likes