Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleTV subtitles do not work (only with mobile)

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 06:50 PM)
cdechery
Student
Options

I noticed that when I play a show or movie with the AppleTV app on my Samsung SmarTV, although subtltes are properly selected, they don't work. Tried several options, even with other languages. Nothing.

When I use my smartphone app and cast the show to my TV, the subtitles work normally.

I looked for solutions on the web and they suggest "Settings > General > Acessibility > Subtitles > turn on". There is no such "turn on" on the appleTV app on the TV, only style choices.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@cdechery: Please can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, and I will have a look into this for you? 

cdechery
Student
Options

UN43RU7100G

0 Likes
cdechery
Student
Options

@AndrewL so? Any ideas? I'm still only abte to get subtitiles via smartphone.

Last night the subtitles suddenly worked on the TV app, but in another language. When I tried to change it, nothing worked anymore, not even the language it was working. Pretty buggy.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@cdechery: On the TV itself, can you try heading to Settings > General > Accessibility > Subtitle Settings > Subtitle, and disable this feature. Now, in the Apple TV app, go to Settings > Accessibility > Subtitles and Captioning, and turn Closed Captions and SDH on. 

If the issue persists, can you confirm where you purchased the TV, and where you're currently based? 

0 Likes
cdechery
Student
Options

Hi Andrew, like I said in my original post, there is no such option to turn ON or OFF the subtitles in the AppleTV TV App (nor is there in the smartphone app either).

Here is a screenshot of what General > Accessibility > Subtitle Options look like here (only styles choice, no ON/OFF).

Clipboard01.jpg

I'm in Brazil, got the TV here, but the Brazil forum is very weak, so I might try some help here.

0 Likes