Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV really dark. Other streaming services OK

(Topic created on: 31-05-2021 09:10 AM)
SamTVUser123
First Poster
Options

I watch a number of streaming services (NetFlix, NOW, BBC iPlayer) and none exhibit the issue we see with AppleTV.

When we watch a Apple TV series (which I guess is in 4K), the screen visibly darkens, to the point that it is impossible to make out what is happening in darker scenes.  The workaround is to set the picture mode to dynamic which brightens it a little. However it is still not easy to see darker scenes

We have a QE55Q90TATXXU with the latest firmware installed. This has been happening for about 9 months.

Samung. Please advise.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If all other services are OK, why do you think its Samsung's problem? There are many threads on the net about other TV brands with the same issue. You may wish to approach apple for support or Google the issue and you will find potential solutions.
0 Likes
SamTVUser123
First Poster
Options

Thanks Pugs1957 for your opinion. The first step is to raise it with the manufacturer who after all, can speak to Apple.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It doesn't work like that. There is nothing that Samsung can do with Apple's intellectual property and as I have already explained the problem is not with your TV.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
SamTVUser123
First Poster
Options

Thanks - I will see if that helps.

0 Likes