Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV app or Samsung screen sharing app for older Samsung Smart TV?

(Topic created on: 21-06-2020 03:16 PM)
lizzie_m
First Poster
Options

I have an older model Samsung smart TV (40" 6350 -- complete model #UN40H6350AFXZA). I have a free year of Apple TV but the Apple TV app is not supported on my TV. I downloaded the "SmartThings" app thinking I could screen share the Apple app from my phone to my tv but it isn't supported either on my model of TV. Is there an older app I can use that will let me screen share the Apple TV app from my phone to my TV?

Note: I don't want to watch shows on my phone or my computer -- I want to watch them on my television.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Adakitman
Explorer
Options

I found the user manual online which goes through the steps of mirroring so hopefully this solves your issue:-

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201810/20181011112851146/ENG_US_X14ATSCH-1.128.pdf
Alternatively if this doesn't I would purchase a media streaming box, Amazon Firestick, Roku etc as you can then download the Apple TV+ app and stream from that.

0 Likes
lizzie_m
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much for the help. I'll see what the manual says and hopefully it will work. I have a free year of Apple TV and I'd hate for it to go to waste simply because of compatibility issues.

0 Likes