Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV app opens by itself

(Topic created on: 25-09-2022 06:39 AM)
whichre
Student
Options

Hi,

I have a QE55Q70R TV, its fairly infrequent, but the Apple TV app opens randomly. It only flashes up the Apple TV logo then closes again. 

Anybody else had this problem, or anything similar?

16 REPLIES 16
Sheldon7
Student
Options

So I'm curious as to if you've figured this out.  Its happens every so often on my Q80R.  I don't even use the Apple TV App, but the logo appears out of nowhere for a few seconds, then back to what I was watching.  No clue.

whichre
Student
Options
Nope. Still happens too. I thought it might be related to having a Harmony remote for a while, do you have one of those?
0 Likes
Sheldon7
Student
Options

No, I don't have a harmony remote.  Just the regular TV remote that came with it.  I use one for my cable provider too (hotwire) but I don't think the remote would be the issue.  I don't think ours are the only two TV's doing this either...lol  Luckily its infrequent.  Since I don't use the Apple TV app at all, I might see if there's a way to uninstall it.  I think I tried that already and can't because it comes bundled with Samsung nowadays.  I'll keep you posted if something happens.  Good Luck. 

0 Likes
keith_f
First Poster
Options

I have a QE55Q90R and it does the same, although when the Apple TV app loads randomly it locks the TV and the only solution is to take the power cord out. I don't use the Samsung remote, nor Harmony.

There's no option to uninstall the Apple TV app that I could find. Very annoying! 

KenGT
Student
Options

Have you found a solution? Mine keeps doing it like every 2 days. If you had an answer I would appreciate it.

0 Likes
captainvideo
Student
Options

This just started happening to me. I have an RU8000, I use it as a computer monitor on HDMI 1 (about 2yrs). I do not use any of the smarthub apps but cannot delete them, memory is almost full maybe 700MB left out of the 4Gig, with cache cleared, anything deleted that can be. I have never used the appleTV app. The TV is connected to the internet thru wireless. I had to reset the tv recently after it warned me that it was running out of memory. (software ver 1401).

The TV will just suddenly go to a blackscreen with the apple logo. It does not respond to the remote, except this last time I held the power button and it eventually restarted to normal hdmi screen. A prior time I unplugged it and it also returned to normal. I have not seen any other threads on this event as most of my searches wind up with people using actual apple tv boxes or tv's, while this is an issue with a samsung tv getting locked into a blackscreen with an apple logo.

0 Likes
Don V
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  My Samsumg Q900 TV started doing this on a regular basis just after it upgraded to most recent firmware.  It is behaving exactly like you describe.  Tech support had me do a reset, but that didn't help.

0 Likes
Don V
Apprentice
Options

After most recent firmware update, my Q900 is doing this exact same thing.  Did you ever find a solution?  Samsung says they can't revert to old working firmware.  Very annoying!

Don V
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung Q900 has started to do this exact same thing.  Anyone found a working solution to the problem?  This started happening after most recent firmware update.

0 Likes