Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Apple TV App not available

(Topic created on: 22/05/19 06:26)
Ritch1
Apprentice
Options
TV

I have two 7100 models and both have the new Apple TV app. However my higher model 7120 cannot find the Apple TV app. The firmware is 1252, right up to date. Will it be made available for the 7120?

0 Likes
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution
DannyT
Options
TV
Ah, thanks for that.

We are currently working on enabling this functionality for this model and it will be enabled via a firmware update in the near future.

Welcome to the Community!

View solution in context

Solution
ChrisM
Options
TV

Hi @arda-4 and @Ritch1 

The latest update is not available OTA (over the air), just yet, but you can download it from the Samsung website here to transfer to your TV via USB.

Hope this helps.

View solution in context

Go to solution
57 REPLIES 57
Critter
Apprentice
Options
TV

I have a model UE65RU7100, And Apple TV has been working fine, but today, it just redirects to the Samsung tv plus channel.. It’s done that a few times before, so dunno what’s going on !

it is in the App Store saying the latest version of Apple TV ver 4.1.7 is installed.

I also bought a Sonos sound bar last week and failed to get it to connect to the HDMI (ARC) port... I gave up in the end...  not too much lurve between me and my telly at the moment... the Sonos went back ! Maybe the TV should as well

0 Likes
Andrews2
Observer
Options
TV

Appke tv won’t install and get an error code.  New tv today - any ideas to resolve.

0 Likes
Andrews2
Observer
Options
TV
Should have said it’s a UE32T5300 model.
0 Likes
Critter
Apprentice
Options
TV

Dearest Samsung (assuming you read this), Apple TV is still not working... any chance you could fix this issue

gordonsuk
First Poster
Options
TV

You need to do a reset and the app will reinstall - Just had the same problem - Just did a soft reset - not a smart hub reset. Now both Amazon Prime and Apple TV are working.

0 Likes
Maddison182
First Poster
Options
TV

I have done a reset and update. Both did not work

0 Likes
Critter
Apprentice
Options
TV

the soft reset didn’t make any difference, thanks for the idea tho

0 Likes
Critter
Apprentice
Options
TV

Just worked it out.. I had to go into the apps manager and I couldn’t delete the Apple TV app, but I could re-install and that worked for me.

for me that was found in

Apps.....

settings (top right cog)

find the Apple TV app, an  reinstall

0 Likes
JLV_NJ
Options
TV

I have three Samsung TV's.  On the two newer models, the Apple TV app is readily available.  On the older unit, model UN75JU7100, the app does not seem to be available.    I am running software version 1550.   Is an update going to be made available so I can get Apple TV on this TV?

Please advise. 

0 Likes
MarioMarkes
Options
TV

I have a Samsung QE55Q6F and the Apple app is not available, Any solution or workaround to this?

0 Likes
Leelo1
Options
TV

I have the Samsung ks7500 curve uhdtv - I also cannot find the Apple TV app. Do you think there will make this available at some point?

0 Likes
arda-4
Apprentice
Options
TV

Hello all,

I also have model UE40NU7120, but AirPlay 2 and the TV app still don't work. When can we expect the update for this model?

Best regards,

Arda

The Netherlands

0 Likes
envisaging
First Poster
Options
TV

I have the same issue.  I have a QN65Q7FAM

NIVLA27
Options
TV

I also have a QN65Q7FAM and almost went insane when I saw a lower end 70in Samsung w/Apple tv for less than $700.(It is cyber Monday)   I want my Apple TV!  

0 Likes
Velouriavonk
First Poster
Options
TV

I have just bought the Samsung 32 Inch UE32N5300AKXXU Smart Full HD HDR LED TV partly as it advertises the apple app but though it's installed it won't open it. Please advise 

0 Likes
TessM
Options
TV

Hey @Velouriavonk ,

I hope that you are having a nice Friday. Do you get any message or error code on the screen when you try to launch the app? What software version is the TV currently running on? This can be found by heading into Settings> Support> About this TV/Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
StuK23
Observer
Options
TV

Hi, I've got a Frame 55 (UE55LS003) and as I've just bought a new MacBook I was hoping to take advantage of the year's free Apple TV subscription on my Samsung TV. However the Apple TV app doesn't appear to be available in the apps, and I believe I have the latest firmware (1820). Is there something obvious that I'm missing, or is Apple TV just not available on my TV?

Nosa10
Options
TV

Hello there, I have a Samsung Tv Model UE55NU7470UXXU with firmware 1251. The Apple TV app does not show up among the apps. The AirPlay connection shows up and I can cast from my iPhone/iPad. I have tried resetting the smart hub and also tried running the software update but the Apple TV still does not show up. Does anyone have a solution.

0 Likes
Glen90
Observer
Options
TV

Hi i live in ireland and have a UE65KS8000TXXU 55'' Tv and the apple tv app is not available yet can you tell me when this will be coming to my tv. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
TV

Hi @Glen90. The Apple TV app is currently only scheduled for selected 2018 and 2019 TV's. 

0 Likes
raylahm
First Poster
Options
TV

any news on the AIRPLAY 2 or airplay working at all for that matter?

i have the Samsung UE40NU7120

with the latest firmware (1270)

Apple TV is there and works fine however AIRPLAY does not

i have the latest IOS on my iphone XS

thanks

0 Likes