Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Tv app not available on my tv

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 05:14 PM)
Nick1990
First Poster
Options

Are there any plans for a firmware update to add the Apple Tv app for model number UE49KU6400UXXU its only a 2017 model and a 4K spec tv also has the full App Store, so it very new still, would be very disappointed if this is something not planned.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Nick1990: As it stands Apple TV is only supported on 2018 models and above, with no current plans to make it available on the K range. Apologies for any disappointment this may cause.
0 Likes
raminos
First Poster
Options

What about the following model: Samsung QLED: QE65Q8FAML (Q8F)

I've recently bought this Samsung TV, now my question is how can I stream Apple TV Plus on this TV? 

Is it possible to eanble the AirPlay on this TV? Will the software update include the Apple TV app? 

Currently I do have the software version:  1270 

0 Likes
Dwilder5
First Poster
Options

I have Model number UN65MU8000FXZA TV that I purchased in 2018. Is there a way I can download the Apple TV APP?

0 Likes
Njm
First Poster
Options

Hello 

is Samsung still not allowing 2017 models to have the Apple TV app ? Can you explain why if this is the case ? 
model number QE55Q7FAM 

I can get almost every app I can think off by Apple I can't ? Doesn't make sense to me so I'd appreciate a reply to understand why it's not available? 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Njm ,

this is available for 2018, 2019, and onwards models. This will be down to the app provider and their requirements so I would encourage you to reach them to get more information about why this is not available on older models and it will be at any point. 

0 Likes
Manchaman
First Poster
Options

Q65Q7FAM ... no appletv app anywhere in sight. I reset the smart hub, and all that got me was having to re-enter all sign-in info for all the apps I had already installed.

I call BS!

btw, I do have latest software update ... at least that’s what the tv said ... SMH

0 Likes