Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple TV App/Airplay missing - The Frame 32" (2020)

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 03:41 PM)
beefqueen
Journeyman
Options

Hello

I've recently purchased a 32" Frame TV (2020 model) and was disappointed to find that Apple TV is not available from the App Store and Airplay is not available. 

Does anyone know whether Apple TV/Airplay will be available for these models and, if so, when it's likely to be?

Thanks!

James. 

12 REPLIES 12
AndrewL
Options
@beefqueen: Please can you confirm the full model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Menu > Support > Contact Samsung? Where are you currently based, and was the Frame TV purchased inside your current region?
beefqueen
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew

Thanks for responding. The full model code is QE32LS03TBKXXU. I am using it in the UK and it was purchased here. 

Cheers

James 

AndrewL
Options
Thanks, James. Can you try going to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now, to ensure your TV is on the latest version. According to the user manual, Airplay is indeed supported on this model, and can be accessed via Home > Settings > General > Apple Airplay Settings. For Apple TV, please try going to Home > Apps > Tap the magnifying glass in the top right > Search 'Apple TV'. If the app doesn't show up in the results then sadly it is not supported on your current model.

For more information about Airplay, please check the user manual linked below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202006/20200618112133692/NIKDVBEUT-3.0.0_EM_NIKE_EU_EN...
beefqueen
Journeyman
Options
Hi Andrew

Thanks again for your response.

I’ve checked and my TV is on the latest update (checked as you described and also on the Samsung Support website).

There are no AirPlay options in my Settings menu and the TV doesn’t show when I check on my iPhone.

I’ve searched on the App Store and the Apple TV app does not come up.

Can you check whether an update will provide these features soon or have we been missold the TV?

Thanks

James
PaulHX
Explorer
Options

With respect this is bad advice.

The TV is marketed at having AirPlay 2 and Apple TV.

I have a ticket open since 23 June where I have been promised the update is coming.

If you're going to be a moderator you must be factual.

Darry
Explorer
Options

@PaulHX wrote:

With respect this is bad advice.

The TV is marketed at having AirPlay 2 and Apple TV.

I have a ticket open since 23 June where I have been promised the update is coming.

If you're going to be a moderator you must be factual.

@AndrewL   I also have tickets open on this issue with online chat,  over 5 hours on the chat and twice told it was being escalated and both times promised a call back. But not once called back. Waiting over a month for a response. This tv is being advertised as having Apple TV and airplay2 on many websites including Samsung sites globally.  There are community threads on both the uk and USA sites, yet no updates from Samsung. Trading standards will need to be informed of this if Samsung do not provide an update on this issue.

PaulHX
Explorer
Options

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/qe32ls03tbkxxu-32-quot-frame-airplay-2/m-p/1864530#M44788

under discussion here and not looking promising so far, with radio silence from Samsung. 

ElliottLP
Explorer
Options

Hi @AndrewL 

I've been in discussion in the another thread titled 'QE32LS03TBKXXU - 32" Frame - Airplay 2'.

Just to reitterate, on the 1 July I contacted Samsung support via online chat and spent an hour explaining the lack of Airplay2 and AppleTV app with the assistant. She seemed confident that it should be there guiding me through the generic checks/tasks until she eventually remote controlled onto my TV. She did a full reset and the TV went through the setup up to the point where I had to enter my username/password for the new Samsung Account. A quick check after the completed factory reset and I confirmed with her that the Apple feautures we still missing. Eventually she took my mobile number and left me with this:

Samsung UK Support 5e28285084ec30034d4b1a66
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 15:07:50 UTC
I understand, rest assured that we will escalate this. Thank you for your understanding.

It's been over 2 weeks and haven't heard anything. Think everyone in both groups would just like Samsung to confirm whether the Apple functionality is genuinely coming in an future software update or not. All the online promotional media suggests it should already be present and it was the reason I purchased the TV 3 weeks ago. If Airplay2 and AppleTV+ are not going to be added then I would just like to return it back to John Lewis as soon as possible.

Can you please raise this via whatever channels you have, thanks.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi All! 

To be honest I am quite honestly irritated. I am a new Samsung customer. I used to buy Philips TVs (not that they are very good, but anyway). 

I bought the 32 inch model Frame because (among other reasons) it has the Apple TV app and the Airplay feature. 

1. surprise: It does not have that app, nowhere to be see is that app.

2. surprise: I called the support and they advised me to update the firmware and then reset the TV. They told me: "The Apple TV app should be there." 

"Well it is not."

"Are you sure, please check again."

3. surprise: nobody at Samsung seems to care about this. thousands of customers must have complained about this problem but there is no info for the support team, there is no official statement, there is no update...?

Sorry, can somebody explain to me: What kind of company behaves this way? Is that the normal behavior at Samsung? Is this normal practice to sell stuff under false pretenses and then give a ***** about the customer?