Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Airplay is greyed out on Frame 2020

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 07:37 PM)
Marabit
First Poster
Options

Model: QE49LS03RAUXXU

The above model is wired to an Apple Express, which is hard wired to a router in another room of the property. Since buying this Television set, I have had issues with it not connecting to the internet. At times it says that it is not connected to the internet and cannot detect the wired connection to the router! 

Having said that, during the summer it did allow me to airplay my laptop or my phone to the screen for a few months. Then it started giving trouble again last week and Airplay has been greyed out since.  

Turning it off by pulling the plug is the only solution to make it work. I have updated the software, tried connecting the TV to the Wifi, reconnecting to the wired network, you name it... it just won't show Airplay functionalities as available. 

I have read multiple forums here where people have the same problem, and aside from suggesting changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 (which didn't work for me) there is also the option of changing to a 2.4 Ghz channel, which I don't want to do as it is not optimal for the network's efficiency and speed. 

I have also read multiple reports from people stating that Samsung has not provided a definitive solution to this, which is disappointing and I am only posting now with the hope of getting an answer. 

After this, I will never buy a Samsung TV again, they look nice, but the don't work properly... and don't even get me started on the TV turning on in the middle of the night or throughout the day, just because! 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Marabit
First Poster
Options

Needless to say - I have reset to factory settings before, which has not resolved this issue! 

0 Likes