Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not connecting on TV

(Topic created on: 14-10-2020 03:21 PM)
Andrews1207
Student
Options

I downloaded the History channel app to my smart tv but it is not connecting to the app. I get a "connection error" that says to check the connection and check the TVs correct date and time. I've read and attempted the corrections samsung suggested. Cold reboot, delete and reinstall app, reset smart hub, and double checked all settings with no success. All other apps work and the is a network connection. This is the only app that isn't working. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome. 

8 REPLIES 8
vaultix
First Poster
Options

Exact same thing here as well. 

0 Likes
Dreemy
First Poster
Options

Same issue with the history app 

0 Likes
MIKEWorman
First Poster
Options

Same issue here as well.

0 Likes
mrob
First Poster
Options

same issue as well

0 Likes
Idahoboi
First Poster
Options

Same issue here as well. Samsung Q80T 65". SO FRUSTRATING. I've also contacted history channel (A&E Networks), but have had no luck.

Manually setting the time works briefly sometimes, but then you get an audio only experience when attempting to watch a show.

0 Likes
Bassplayer53
First Poster
Options

Same here.

0 Likes
Macw1
First Poster
Options

Similar problem. Initially app wouldn't open without the error message referencing the network and date and time on TV.  Deleted app and reinstalled.  Can open app and see the shows but when I try to play - same message comes up again.  I re-authorizing with Spectrum - that didn't work. Tried all methods on Samsung website - still doesn't work.  All other apps appear to work.  Regularly watch Netflix, HBO, Discovery.  Any one out there with another suggestion?

0 Likes
Cehenze
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Any updates?