Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient Mono Photo Upload

(Topic created on: 14-03-2021 01:42 AM)
ds145
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung 2018 Q8. I want to add a photo to use with the Ambient mode, Mono (single picture).

Using the Smart Things app, I am able to upload pictures to the Duo mode, but any photo I try to upload to Mono fails. The app shows the upload status bar progression, but at the end of the process no new photo appears on the TV (even using the same photo that uploads to the Duo screen).

I can't find any documentation on file type, image size, etc. I suppose that could be the problem although I don't think so since the Duo mode upload works.

Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

Thank you.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@ds145: Please can you confirm the full model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device? For clarity, where is the photo stored that you're attempting to upload? 

0 Likes
ds145
First Poster
Options

It is  a QN65Q8FNBF.  If you need a specific serial number I can't access the rear of the TV as it is wall-mounted. Perhaps there is a way to display the serial number on the TV screen if you need it?

I am uploading the photo from my SmartThings app. The specific file is located in an Android images folder. The app seems to send the photo - at least when I upload the progress bar moves along and when it finishes there are no error messages. I'm uploading the same image and from the same folder that the Duo mode accepts.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ds145: The issue may be related to the location of the image file, although I'm not sure why it works in Duo, but not Mono. When you select Ambient Mode in the SmartThings app > Photo > Mono > Make My Own, you should be given the choice of Gallery or Samsung Cloud for the file location. Is this the case? If so, try syncing the image with Samsung Cloud/OneDrive on your phone, and pick the Samsung Cloud location option to see if this helps. 

0 Likes