Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient mode

(Topic created on: 06-07-2018 09:23 AM)
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

hello I have purchased the samsung qled q6 55 inch tv which is this model https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qledtv-q6fn/QE55Q6FNATXXU/  I have had it for a few days now, having a play around with the settings and features on it, one thing I have noticed is ambient mode which is a nice feature but after reading up about it on the net I have noticed I can upload my own pictures to use but when I upload my pictures they only stay on while I use the smart things app on my phone, is there a way to keep them on permanent as I have a photo of my three grandkids and it would look fantastic on my tv like a real photo on the wall with the real thin bezel around it, it looks like I don't have a television in my living room 🙄.

Go to solution
95 REPLIES 95
Stinkles
First Poster
Options

Not as far as I can tell, but:

a) I'm in the US

a1) Despite comments to the contrary, my TV was also incorrectly advertised as having this feature and the reason I bought it (2109 50 inch - I suspect a misplaced European or wrong model spec listing, but a US ad nonetheless - I believe in Amazon or Best Buy listing)

b) Using Apple iOS Smart Things app which has less functionality so I should probably try it on my Samsung tablet too

c) Firmware up to date

0 Likes
Kanishka
First Poster
Options

Is there a photo resolution I have to upload. Because some of the photos I have uploaded in ambient mode are stretched out or zoomed in.  Why not the TV fix it to the size of the screen?

0 Likes
Noname999abc
First Poster
Options

Ambient mode is broken and Samsung no longer supports it

0 Likes
Noname999abc
First Poster
Options

Ambient mode is broken and samsung has stopped supporting it

0 Likes
jpl1977
First Poster
Options

I just had a long text with their "expert" re this and politely demanded they elevate this to a corporate rep to give me a response because it's reaching class action lawsuit for deceptive advertising level.

0 Likes
LKB
Pioneer
Options

Ambient mode has been a fraud from day one.  Samsung has been repeatedly told that what its marketing people are claiming Ambient Mode does not match up with what  released products can actually  (if indeed those advertised capabilities ever got out of the lab).  Samsung never addresses these concerns, because it could not care less.

I had similar conversions (online and offline) with Samsung about Ambient Mode a couple of years ago, after I dropped serious coin to get their “latest and greatest.”.  Result?  Well, not only did I never get a substantive response or explanation, but they then banned me (and apparently other folks who had the temerity to point things like this out) from their US “community” board, and memory-holed the messages pointing out Samsung’s disingenuousness (and that deleting negative messages sure looked like they were trying to get rid of adverse evidence that might be relevant to a class action suit).

Could Samsung’s actions support a class action in the US?  In theory, sure.  But given the problematic damages model (what’s the economic damage suffered when the TV works fine but this minor feature does not?), good luck finding a class action attorney willing to take it on spec. 

The ultimate response is to remember that this is typical of what Samsung has become today, and next time buy LG, Sony, etc.

0 Likes