Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient Mode

(Topic created on: 28-02-2021 01:35 PM)
JamesF123
First Poster
Options

Ambient mode should be a great function, but why can’t I simply put up my own photo in full screen? And why can’t I get rid of the date panel on the board setting and replace with a photo? It seems to me that these options would be easier to implement than what’s actually there, which makes it really really frustrating and consequently doesn’t get used and just makes me mad at Samsung! 

1 REPLY 1
LKB
Pioneer
Options

This has been beaten to death in earlier threads, but long and short:  

Ambient Mode is a complete and utter fraud by Samsung.  The released consumer versions of it have NEVER worked as Samsung touts in its ads and descriptions, especially WRT using your own photos or “disappearing mode.”  

Many, many customers have complained about this.  Samsung’s response was originally, “we’re working on a fix” and/or blaming SmartThings (which in turn blamed the TV’s internal software).  More recently, Samsung simply ignores complaints about it and has apparently given up trying to fix it . . . but their descriptions of Ambient Mode still make the same fraudulent claims about its capabilities.

Moral:  next time, LG or Sony.

0 Likes