Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Ambient mode

(Topic created on: 30-04-2019 02:21 PM)
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

hello I have purchased the samsung qled q6 55 inch tv which is this model https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qledtv-q6fn/QE55Q6FNATXXU/  I have had it for a few days now, having a play around with the settings and features on it, one thing I have noticed is ambient mode which is a nice feature but after reading up about it on the net I have noticed I can upload my own pictures to use but when I upload my pictures they only stay on while I use the smart things app on my phone, is there a way to keep them on permanent as I have a photo of my three grandkids and it would look fantastic on my tv like a real photo on the wall with the real thin bezel around it, it looks like I don't have a television in my living room 🙄.

95 REPLIES 95
Bobby76
Pioneer
Options

Fair enough.

I use them as display panels only, as such, other functionality is beyond my commentary.

0 Likes
CyberTod
Journeyman
Options

My problem is different from all the others.

All I want is to have some weather information in ambient mode along with a clock. And I've seen it advertised. I've even seen something similar here in the forums. But all I have is Basic info with only a big clock and nothing else.

About the surroundings - I have a white wall. It got the textures right, but not the color. It's somewhat white with some red in it, like using very warm colors.

0 Likes
Bobby76
Pioneer
Options

The weather issue is interesting - I assume you have it internet connected and you are not using a VPN or some form of firewall that is restricting specific ports?  Did you set up your TV through smart things? is there anything in there permitting smart things to know your location maybe?

All guesses as I havent seen the issue before.

0 Likes
CyberTod
Journeyman
Options

The TV has internet connection, no vpn or firewall.

I've set it up from the remote, but I have the SmartThings app installed and tried to change some settings from there too.

0 Likes
Liquidmonkey
Journeyman
Options

Potential q90r buyer here.

Has Samsung updated ambient mode recently to work with ur own photos without the large border?

This is a deal breaker for me. 

0 Likes
Spong
First Poster
Options

Nope.  Just got a new TV at the weekend and have been struggling with this feature.  Smarthings doesnt recognise the tv on iOS but got it working with my android phone.  It does some very basic stuff but was really hoping to use picture of our wall behind the tv and simply use this but it there is no option to.  Own photos still have the ridiculously wide borders that really spoils the effect.

RVTBLT
First Poster
Options
Ditto!!!
DaxAlex
Student
Options
Eh, I was hoping for dowloadable content, like a fireplace, a gazillion types of fish-tanks, a window with famous scenery... but those overpriced glorified room-heaters can't do simple feats like an e-frame worth 10 eur. Talking about Samsung "flagship" 2019 Q90R. Pfff
MikkoW
First Poster
Options

Confirmed, unusable on my 55” 2020 model.

Ambient mode is crashing the os when trying to use it.

0 Likes
Liquidmonkey
Journeyman
Options

So it's almost Black Friday again, a year after I wrote last.

Has Samsung fixed this feature yet? ie, you can use any photo and have it displayed full screen, preferably a bunch of them in a sideshow, that loops. 

0 Likes