Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Ambient mode

(Topic created on: 24-03-2019 12:39 PM)
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

hello I have purchased the samsung qled q6 55 inch tv which is this model https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qledtv-q6fn/QE55Q6FNATXXU/  I have had it for a few days now, having a play around with the settings and features on it, one thing I have noticed is ambient mode which is a nice feature but after reading up about it on the net I have noticed I can upload my own pictures to use but when I upload my pictures they only stay on while I use the smart things app on my phone, is there a way to keep them on permanent as I have a photo of my three grandkids and it would look fantastic on my tv like a real photo on the wall with the real thin bezel around it, it looks like I don't have a television in my living room 🙄.

95 REPLIES 95
Kurzie
Explorer
Options
Hi - I have been trying to find the kludge/hack referred to above, but am unable. Could you send me a link?

many thanks!
0 Likes
LKB
Pioneer
Options

It’s on the Samsung US Community site.  I’d be able to find it and send you a link, but as indicated above the cowards that run that site have blocked/banned me (and appardently others) who have the temerity to point out the problems with Samsung products.

0 Likes
Kurzie
Explorer
Options

Many thanks for the quick reply. Understood. I will try to look harder. Do you recall any keywords regarding that discussion thread? (when searching for "ambient mode" and "kludge" or "hack" the US forum search engine does not show any relevant results).

Thanks again!

0 Likes
LKB
Pioneer
Options

I suggest just scrolling through all the threads containing “ambient mode.”  There weren’t too many when last I was able to see them.

0 Likes
Kurzie
Explorer
Options
i did a search and did not find anything, unfortunately.
0 Likes
secruza
First Poster
Options

I had it bookmarked to try it but looks like it got deleted and never got to do it 😞 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tv/thread-id/39261/page/3

0 Likes
Kurzie
Explorer
Options
thanks - actually I received the info via PM, but the tweak no longer works with latest software updates
0 Likes
Danimal
Apprentice
Options

I had this same issue until I authorized the "Viewing Information Services" portion of the privacy policy under Support --> Terms & Policy. 

0 Likes
onesim
Voyager
Options

@Danimal wrote:

I had this same issue until I authorized the "Viewing Information Services" portion of the privacy policy under Support --> Terms & Policy. 

Are you referring to the "pictures from samsung cloud" not loading issue?

I'm pretty sure in one of my experiments, i granted all possible authorizations to the terms & policy, with no results.

I'm investigating this issue with the Samsung italian tech support, and i discovered that when tv language is set to English or Italian, different addresses are used to contact the samsung cloud servers. When in english, all is working, when in italian, i got the issue. At this point, maybe the different beahviour is related to the samsung cloud account and not the tv itself. Just an hypotesis, still to be confirmed.

0 Likes
TechyDeano
Student
Options

Hi, I actually don't have issues with loading the images but the images I load dont fill the space they fit in on the screen. There is always a gap as the pictures are obviosly not the same saze as their border to fit them in. So I was basically looking for I suppose a layout map of the muti photo screen with the size of the spaces you can fit the pictures into so I can crop the photos to fit correctly within each of the borders. Also the same for the other options ie single phot on the screen. So pixel length x pixel height for each space that you can place a photo. 

The ambient mode sounds like a real good idea but its too much of a faff to fit the photos properly. Real shame too. Thanks for your input though.

Regards

Dean.

0 Likes