Support

Open search

Ambient Mode Music Feature

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

Hello, can a kind forum member give some help. 

I'm unable to find the "music" feature in the ambient mode on my new QLED 7 Series 2018 tv. Model: QA55Q7FNAKXZN

I can see Decor, Info and Photo features on both the TV and SmartThings app (iPhone Apple iOS 12.3.1) but not the Music feature.

Thanks a lot,

Christopher Shane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Apprentice

Took me a lot of effort, but I succeeded (Q9F from 2018): the trick is to connect via Bluetooth with the tv, not via AirPlay or Spotify Connect. 

The steps I took on iOS: from the Bluetooth menu in iOS settings, connect to the tv (you need to verify on the tv). Then, when in ambient mode, if you play a song from Spotify it automatically plays it via de tv as it it were Bluetooth headphones/speakers.

Hope this works for you as well!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Explorer
Like so much of Ambient Mode, the purported “play a bit of light music” feature doesn’t appear to actually have been implemented.
Highlighted
Apprentice

Took me a lot of effort, but I succeeded (Q9F from 2018): the trick is to connect via Bluetooth with the tv, not via AirPlay or Spotify Connect. 

The steps I took on iOS: from the Bluetooth menu in iOS settings, connect to the tv (you need to verify on the tv). Then, when in ambient mode, if you play a song from Spotify it automatically plays it via de tv as it it were Bluetooth headphones/speakers.

Hope this works for you as well!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hey there,

Tried it the moment I saw your message. It works like a charm!

Absolutely incredible effort, you deserve an award from Samsung for this amazing workaround. I still can't believe this is happening! Ambient Music is one key feature why I invested in this particular model. You are practically a blessing for whoever bought a Q7, Q8 or Q9 from 2018 and went through the sheer disappointment and frustration of not being able to get this feature to work. You can't possibly imagine the lengths I went to, to find a solution.

Whoever you are and wherever you are..thank you from the bottom of my heart for remembering to leave a reply and share this joy. Imagine being able to experience this wonderful feature nearly after a year of giving up, letting go and moving on! :smiling-face:

Respect,

Chris

Highlighted

Haha :smiling-face: you're welcome!

(NB: the Bluetooth connection is not as stable as Airplay or Spotify Connect and hence far for from optimal 😞 )

Highlighted

Yeah I noticed, but you know what I'll settle for your fix anytime! Cheers.

Highlighted

Btw 3JL, I hear that 2019 Q Models received a new set of ambient mode Decors. Unfortunately I didn't see any of it in the most recent firmware update. Mine is on 1292.1, any thoughts genius? Wouldn't it be awesome to have those new decor styles?

Highlighted

Sorry Chrizart, you are overasking me there...

Highlighted

Absolutely, no worries..just wanted to know your thoughts on it! :smiling-face: take care

Top Liked Authors