Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Ambient Mode Music Feature

(Topic created on: 16-03-2020 12:28 PM)
Chrizart
Apprentice
Options

Hello, can a kind forum member give some help. 

I'm unable to find the "music" feature in the ambient mode on my new QLED 7 Series 2018 tv. Model: QA55Q7FNAKXZN

I can see Decor, Info and Photo features on both the TV and SmartThings app (iPhone Apple iOS 12.3.1) but not the Music feature.

Thanks a lot,

Christopher Shane

11 REPLIES 11
LKB
Pioneer
Options
Like so much of Ambient Mode, the purported “play a bit of light music” feature doesn’t appear to actually have been implemented.
Solution
3JL
Journeyman
Options

Took me a lot of effort, but I succeeded (Q9F from 2018): the trick is to connect via Bluetooth with the tv, not via AirPlay or Spotify Connect. 

The steps I took on iOS: from the Bluetooth menu in iOS settings, connect to the tv (you need to verify on the tv). Then, when in ambient mode, if you play a song from Spotify it automatically plays it via de tv as it it were Bluetooth headphones/speakers.

Hope this works for you as well!

Chrizart
Apprentice
Options

Hey there,

Tried it the moment I saw your message. It works like a charm!

Absolutely incredible effort, you deserve an award from Samsung for this amazing workaround. I still can't believe this is happening! Ambient Music is one key feature why I invested in this particular model. You are practically a blessing for whoever bought a Q7, Q8 or Q9 from 2018 and went through the sheer disappointment and frustration of not being able to get this feature to work. You can't possibly imagine the lengths I went to, to find a solution.

Whoever you are and wherever you are..thank you from the bottom of my heart for remembering to leave a reply and share this joy. Imagine being able to experience this wonderful feature nearly after a year of giving up, letting go and moving on! :smiling-face:

Respect,

Chris

3JL
Journeyman
Options

Haha :smiling-face: you're welcome!

(NB: the Bluetooth connection is not as stable as Airplay or Spotify Connect and hence far for from optimal 😞 )

0 Likes
Chrizart
Apprentice
Options

Yeah I noticed, but you know what I'll settle for your fix anytime! Cheers.

0 Likes
Chrizart
Apprentice
Options

Btw 3JL, I hear that 2019 Q Models received a new set of ambient mode Decors. Unfortunately I didn't see any of it in the most recent firmware update. Mine is on 1292.1, any thoughts genius? Wouldn't it be awesome to have those new decor styles?

0 Likes
3JL
Journeyman
Options

Sorry Chrizart, you are overasking me there...

0 Likes
Chrizart
Apprentice
Options

Absolutely, no worries..just wanted to know your thoughts on it! :smiling-face: take care

0 Likes
Noj_
Journeyman
Options

I was trying to find a way of putting that brilliant 'Bird clock' on my 75" Q9 not succeeded yet, however the Bluetooth music streaming in ambient mode from my Note 9 is amazing 👏 MANY thanks from me too.

0 Likes