Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient Mode message on TV when turned on

(Topic created on: 17-08-2020 12:54 AM)
mplattner99
Apprentice
Options

When I turn on the TV  a message appears on the top right corner that stays on the screen for a few minutes.  Is there a way of disabling this message from appearing?  The message is:  "Support for the Ambient mode Headlines Service is scheduled to end on September 30, 2020.  We thank you for using the service and we look forward to providing an improved alternative in the near future"  

26 REPLIES 26
JamesM247
First Poster
Options

This has got to be the most annoying thing i have ever seen. A popup that stays up and pops up randomly on a timed interval with no way to disable it? For a feature on one ambient mode wallpapers at that. It is being replaced by something else but I dont even use it or care, what I do care about is that mess popping up on my screen as others have stated valuable real estate, and I dont use my tv remote as I have home theatre setup with harmony smart remote. Why the hell would they do something without a way to disable it. I get one popup that has to be x off to make sure owner read it and was aware, or better yet send a ***** email. 

Rayvyn
First Poster
Options

None of these messages can be answered with this remote. Every time One comes up, there is no way to acknowledge any of them. Samsung is dropping the ball on this and I'm getting pretty disgusted with their products... I have a Samsung $3000 fridge and the ice maker worked for just one year... These will both be my LAST Samsung products...

0 Likes
mplattner99
Apprentice
Options

I tried the above in an attempt to turn of this notification.  It didn't help and the notification randomly comes up and persists for a few minutes.  I'm hoping that on Sep 30 the notification stops.  I'm sending a note to Samsung support indicating no solution has been found.  I wonder if anyone from Samsung reads this Community blog??

0 Likes
sable32
First Poster
Options

If you open the Home screen from your Samsung remote and scroll to the left there is a notifications option. It’s all the way over left and you think there’s nothing more over that way but there is. Click that and remove the check next to All. No more notifications. Took me days to figure it out!

grumpyperson
First Poster
Options

I did this two weeks ago and still receive the very annoying notification.

At this point, I firmly believe Samsung does not care what their customers think about their self-centered actions.

0 Likes
Saluqi
First Poster
Options

The "Exit" button on the remote will dismiss the message. But then another pop-up appears all the way across the bottom 1/3 of the screen, and another press of Exit will dismiss that one.

I can't seem to stop this message from coming up, though, and we see it probably 10+ times/day. Yeah, we watch a lot of TV...

0 Likes
Gidrah
First Poster
Options

No button on my remote will 'dismiss' the message.  And when the message is visible, it somehow disables my remote control.  We all need to think of a collective response if this doesn't go away on October 1.  Class action lawsuit?  This has been 3 months of dealing with this for me.  They told me they were aware of the problem, but couldn't resolve it.  They must have lame engineers in charge of a world class leader like Samsung that can't make this go away with a simple update.  Either software, firmware, or both.

0 Likes