Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient Mode message on TV when turned on

(Topic created on: 17-08-2020 12:54 AM)
mplattner99
Apprentice
Options

When I turn on the TV  a message appears on the top right corner that stays on the screen for a few minutes.  Is there a way of disabling this message from appearing?  The message is:  "Support for the Ambient mode Headlines Service is scheduled to end on September 30, 2020.  We thank you for using the service and we look forward to providing an improved alternative in the near future"  

26 REPLIES 26
Gixxer27
First Poster
Options

I got the same message. Does anyone know why it is ending and what that means for my TV picture?

aus579
First Poster
Options

What does the message mean? Is Ambient Mode not going to be supported or what is “Headlines Service”? I don’t understand?

Dtullier
First Poster
Options

Did anyone find out what this means?? I’m getting the same message. 

SkipC158
First Poster
Options

Their support agent said he hadn't received any report of this message (probably searched google/twitter like us) and had no clue, and don't worry about it. 

JamesWatchesTV
Student
Options

I'm wondering the same thing. What does this even mean?

hmspain
First Poster
Options

Don't worry about it?  It should not be displaying period!

mplattner99
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for everyone's feedback.  The problem I have is that I use a different remote for my home theater and when the message pops up I either have to wait 2-3 minutes for it to disappear (it covers the top corner of my screen which is annoying) or dig out the Samsung remote to turn off the message.  Disappointed that the Samsung support agent had no answer and hope the message eventually goes away after September 30!

Lindinar
First Poster
Options

I get the message while watching connected devices (ie Apple TV, Xbox, etc). I don’t mind messages but this has been occurring for days for multiple times. Once at startup is fine but as others noted the box in not small and stays for quite a while if you are in the middle of something. 

How can I make it go away period? I have turned off all my notifications but it still happens.

mplattner99
Apprentice
Options

I received this message and turned off all my notifications (I'm assuming user Lindimar above did the same).  I'll let everyone know if it changes anything. 

To manage your notifications, click here.

If this link doesn't work:

1. Log on to Samsung Community.
  2. Click My Profile.
  3. Click the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.

Change your settings and click Save Changes

0 Likes