Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime

(Topic created on: 29-04-2020 06:49 PM)
iando
Explorer
Options

I bought a Samsung Q70T QLED TV a month ago, and am having issues with the Amazon Prime app. It works roughly 50 percent of the time, the rest of the time an error message comes up directing me to amazon.co.uk/videohelp. This hasn't provided any use.

I have reinstalled the app, but nothing has fixed it. All other apps seem to work, with the exception of Prime. 

Any ideas? It is extremely frustrating. I can't figure out if it is an issue with the TV, or with Prime. Prime seems to work on other TVs in the house. 

The TV hasn't been the best experience in general. It often freezes, or has quite a bit of lag from the remote to screen. Have I bought a dud?

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @iando! Is the TV running on the latest software version? Menu > Settings > Support > Software update > Update now. Also, can you restart it? Unplug the TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds > Reconnect the TV and turn it on with the remote. 

0 Likes
iando
Explorer
Options

Yes, I have tried both of those things. 

I was acutally just watching TV and it turned itself off, then back on. Very unhappy with this purchase.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Oh right, can you try resetting the TV? Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. 

0 Likes
drmvsrinivas
Journeyman
Options

It's the issue with Prime app compatibility with Samsung firmware. 

I mean nothing wrong from prime but these Samsung guys not making the app work perfect. 

0 Likes
iando
Explorer
Options

I have tried this, and it hasn't fixed it. 

I have tried Prime on every other decvice (Sony TV included), and they all work. Having a Smart TV that is able to play Prime is very important. 

0 Likes
asfound
Explorer
Options

@iando wrote:

The TV hasn't been the best experience in general. It often freezes, or has quite a bit of lag from the remote to screen. Have I bought a dud?

Any help appreciated.

I don't think it's a dud (inasmuch as that it isn't a faulty unit - Samsung TVs in general are duds), I know about a dozen people with Samsung TVs and we basically all have issues with the Smart features and apps in one way or another.

I also have issues with the Amazon app - the audio/visual constantly gets out of sync, and I get a variety of error messages and problems loading the UI. I'm inclined to believe this is related to Samsung's godawful software because not only does this only seem to occur on my Samsung TV, but pretty much every app I use has major problems. Some just randomly crash completely.

The glitchiness and lagging doesn't seem to be uncommon either - it's great putting the TV on first thing in the morning to check the news, and the volume still being way too loud from listening to music on it the night before, and desperately trying to mash the volume down before I disturb my partner. Of course it seems to take half a minute for it to register I've pressed anything, by which time my partner is yelling at me.

I'm sorry that this isn't exactly helpful, but after dozens of emails, factory resets, conversations with technicians, and reinstallations, I've just come to the conclusion that there is nothing that can be done. Unless Samsung is willing to invest in and radically uprgrade its software (and maybe the hardware too), the solution seems to be getting a separate, dedicated smart media player like a Roku or Firestick. Which isn't really acceptable, but what else can be done?