Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Amazon prime video

(Topic created on: 29-06-2021 08:29 AM)
AndyR1
Apprentice
Options

On my UE37ES6300UXXU TV Amazon Prime app has stopped working. After clicking on user name app stops and returns to the Smart screen. Tried disconnecting the TV from amazon, but when attempting to restart the app it returns to the Smart immediately after trying selecting Login.

I have deleted and reloaded the app, I have reset the TV, powered off completely and restarted, but the problem remains. Other apps work OK. My Amazon Prime accounts works OK on other devices. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AndyR1  The Prime video app is no longer supported on some  models released in 2012 which is when the ES6300 appeared on the market  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GKZQ3LY43DX7RGCF   Whilst I have not seen a definitive list you may wish to look at this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/amazon-prime-video-tv-app-stopped-working-after-jan-2019-upda... 

For reference the latest firmware is 2010.3 which became available May 2020.    https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE37ES6300UXXU/ 

Disconnecting and reconnecting Tv to Amazon fixes some issues , would appear it may well be issue with this model.  You could try a Factory Reset but may  need an external device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AndyR1
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the suggestions, unfortunately none of the links and ideas has provided a solution. I had a long on line chat with amazon that simply took me round the same loops all the time then suggested a support ticket, but never raised one. Fundamentally I am no further ahead. Maybe I will have to resort to an amazon fire stick, but that is a poor solution

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AndyR1  Pity you could not find a resolution and that Amazon perhaps did not provide too much assistance.    However I suspect your model is no longer supported and an external Device for this set may be the only option.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Solution
AndyR1
Apprentice
Options

Surprise! Turned on the TV tonight and tried amazon again, and it worked! Curious because the software version has not changed, so frustratingly I cannot throw any light on what caused the failure. My only guess is something was wrong with my account that has been fixed after my long on-line chat with Amazon.

Thanks for your help, I hope all is resolved now.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AndyR1  No problem,  glad it is working anyway.  Maybe Amazon did sort something out. Might need to keep an eye on it though. 

0 Likes