Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Video not showing in HDR

(Topic created on: 20-02-2021 10:31 PM)
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

I have a one-week old Samsung TU8000  HDR TV.

Originally it would not play the HDR movies on Prime Video in HDR.  YouTube 4K HDR videos play beautifully, automatically switching over to HDR picture settings when I start playing the selected video.

On Prime Video, strangely the HDR videos actually played in HDR10+ just for one day (so it does work! and it was fantastic for the few hours it lasted!)   Then the following day, HDR stopped playing on Amazon Prime Video. No matter how many times I try it, it won't play in HDR at all.

I've re-installed the Prime app. No luck

I've unplugged TV from the mains. No luck

I've tried both standard SDR and 4K HDR versions of movies... no luck.

I've cleared the cache on Prime app. No luck

I've restarted my router. No luck

But a few days ago HDR10+ worked!!!

What has happened ?

Why did it work? Why did it stop ?

Who else has this problem or a solution to it ?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

Anyone?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @R2wo ,

Is this only affecting this particular app? Are Netflix or any other video apps working as intended? Can you please check if the TV is running on the latest version available for it? I can see that the latest one is  1460.9. You can check this from the TV Settings> Support> About this TV/Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

Hi @TessM  thanks for your reply.

The other Apps are working perfectly,  they switch over to HDR automatically when a video is selected that is in HDR. This issue only affects Amazon Prime Video, and only affects the HDR videos.

I've just checked for TV software updates and the latest one is showing 1460

Not 1460.9 as you mentioned.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That may indicate that there is something wrong with the app itself @R2wo , have you tried to check this with Amazon?

In regard to the software version, you can try to upgrade this via USB. Find how to do this step by step here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-update-the-software-on-my-samsung-smart-t...

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

@TessM  I've tried the update via USB but when I connect the USB to the TV it says there's no update available. 

This still doesn't explain why the HDR mode worked a few days ago and then stopped working after a day. 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @R2wo 

Did you extract the file prior to loading it onto your USB?

0 Likes
R2wo
Pioneer
Options

@ChrisM  Thanks for getting involved with this frustrating situation. 

Yes the file is extracted, it's on the USB as T-NKLDEUC.  The TV reads the file (size 1.3Gb)  but then it says there are no new updates... as if the file on the USB is the same as the software version that's already installed on my TV.

0 Likes
Stumblef00t
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Johnc123
Journeyman
Options

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/qe55q95t-hdr-does-not-work-on-prime-video-app/m-p/2912216/emc...

Seeing as Samsung cba responding to this thread is it time to start linking this in social media posts (Twitter, Facebook etc) to see if that gets any traction?

Just found a link to email the Samsung CEO, I suggest we all do that and link to this post.

https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionGeneralNew.jsp?siteId=594...

0 Likes