Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime no longer playing old tv-series in full-screen mode after 1233 update

(Topic created on: 10-05-2019 08:34 PM)
Ene1995
Apprentice
Options

I have a different problem with this update:

I can no longer view Amazon Prime videos on the full screen. Now I have 4 large black bars and the image in the centre. The old series like Married with Children or The Shield can no longer be viewed in full-screen mode.

Please tell me you are looking into this! 

It works on my other TV that has the old update.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
DrShrinker
First Poster
Options

This is happening on all 4:3 content on Amazon Prime for me, too. Instead of black bars on either side like it used to (and like every HD TV since the invention of it), it puts the image into a 16:9 rectangle in the middle of the screen, with large black borders all around. The entire image is squashed vertically because it's the wrong aspect ratio. HD stuff plays and looks just fine. It started immediately when I did the software update, so there's no question it's due to that.

0 Likes
Ene1995
Apprentice
Options
Now I have to turn on the PS4 every time I want to watch Prime videos or watch some Twitch because they deleted that app from the Store. And who knows how many months it will take to "fix" the problem. This is the last time I buy a Samsung. LG all the way from now on.
0 Likes