Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Fire stick no longer recognised for smart remote

(Topic created on: 05-01-2018 09:23 PM)
nockely
First Poster
Options

When I first bought my TV (UE43MU6175) all the HDMI sources set up perfectly including my Amazon Fire Stick, which was scanned and recognised as such by the TV, worked with the universal remote and had a proper fire stick icon for the source. 

I have had to take it out of the port once or twice when changing devices around, and although it used to recognise the fire stick, now it never does, so the universal remote never works and it just has the generic HDMI icon. I can’t set it up manually with the remote as Amazon is not listed as a manufacturer. 

I’ve tried restarting, plugging it in and out if the HDMI port numerous times, as well as toggling Anynet / CEC on both the tv and fire stick, but it never seems to work any more. 

Any ideas would be very welcome, thanks!

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
Gourche55
First Poster
Options
The firestick would only work for me if its plugged by it self. aS soon as i add my ps4 for example, the remote control would stop working
0 Likes
Chris1392
First Poster
Options
This worked for me, thank you
drmvsrinivas
Journeyman
Options

Have seen the same issue on my RU7100 58

Worked flawless for firestick then stopped working after few hrs

Jus restarted firestick and remote started supporting firestick. 

0 Likes
Joannessmile
First Poster
Options

I had unplugged my firestick for a few days and boom it stopped working properly.  Omg for 2 weeks we all would go back and forth using the firestick remote for the firestick and the Samsung for the tv.  I did a factory reset, changed the name used upper case when appropriate went on firestick in settings and changed wthe hdmi and cec. I watched videos and called samsung. I went back on this page and read that you have to put it in the orginal hdmi port and to take out anyother hdmi. The only thing I had plugged in was the playstation. I unplugged that then plugged the firestick in the 4th hdmi (which is where I orginally set it up and it started working again.  The amazon logo and name came up on the hdmi port listed 4 on the tv source. I hope you all are able to get the same results. Thank you to the man who posted to solve my problem 

Chard
First Poster
Options

Hi, I had the same issue what worked for me was to simply unplug the hdmi from the cube wait for loss of signal message then plug it back in happy days.

Kingburtz
First Poster
Options

Did my head in for months. Did a factory reset on TV and viola - picked it up with the logo

0 Likes
JeffFlorida
Journeyman
Options

I fixed this on my Q6 by enabling anynet in the TV settings, under General, External Device Manager

Note, it names it Amazon Fire TV stick.  With spaces and the lower case stick.   It shows a text logo (not a picture of a firestick)

Not sure why it is not an option in manual setup

JimMay3
First Poster
Options

Tried everyone's fixes and a bunch more, still no luck, would only.left me manually update name.  It never recognizes firetv automatically with special icon, it used to...

0 Likes
LezGrl79
First Poster
Options

None of the solutions here were working for me. I couldn't control my firestick with my Samsung tv. And I couldn't get to the firestick by pressing home on the firestick remote. I reset my TV and my firestick to no avail. I even tried renaming manually like others suggested. But nothing was working. After months of going nuts I came across a similar issue people had with chromecast. All they did was reset their power strip. So I decided to actually unplug my TV which I didn't think of doing. And now my TV remote controls my firestick and I can turn on or switch to my firestick TV input using the home button on the firestick remote.

So in short, if all else fails, just unplug your TV and plug back in. Hope this helps someone else.

0 Likes
Rajbrar
First Poster
Options

I just Reset my Firestick and it worked.  Now my Samsung Smart tv Remote is compatible with my Firestick

0 Likes