Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Fire stick no longer recognised for smart remote

(Topic created on: 17-07-2022 10:17 PM)
nockely
First Poster
Options

When I first bought my TV (UE43MU6175) all the HDMI sources set up perfectly including my Amazon Fire Stick, which was scanned and recognised as such by the TV, worked with the universal remote and had a proper fire stick icon for the source. 

I have had to take it out of the port once or twice when changing devices around, and although it used to recognise the fire stick, now it never does, so the universal remote never works and it just has the generic HDMI icon. I can’t set it up manually with the remote as Amazon is not listed as a manufacturer. 

I’ve tried restarting, plugging it in and out if the HDMI port numerous times, as well as toggling Anynet / CEC on both the tv and fire stick, but it never seems to work any more. 

Any ideas would be very welcome, thanks!

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
Theartoftvbysamsong
First Poster
Options

Reset tv to fix. Hope this doesn't happen often, only had tv a few days!

0 Likes
DMX_5288
First Poster
Options

This works !

JimMay3
First Poster
Options

Nope, still comes up with a generic HDMI icon, it works, but not the way it was originally with the FiteTv icon showing up automatically. 

0 Likes
TM666
First Poster
Options

You need to turn on Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) mode. I switched mine off trying to resolve a sound issue. Just turned it back on and all is working again. 
settings General, external,  device manager. Then then select Anynet mode. 

0 Likes
Members_DaU3GwA
Student
Options

Perfect, thanks...

Lizardman81
Apprentice
Options

Had the same issue and having Gone through all the tips here, nothing worked

i then tried the HDMI-CEC off > reboot > on toggle from the Samsung TV settings (not the fire stick) and it worked! Can now control the fire stick again 

the setting is under :-

Settings > General > External Device Manager > turn “Anynet+ HDMI-CEC” off and back on after a reboot (hold power button down for 5sec and wait for on light to go solid)

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Unplug your Fire TV and wait 60 seconds. Press and hold the Left button, Menu button, and Back button at the same time. Hold them for 12 seconds. Release the buttons and wait 5 seconds.

Regards,

WILL

0 Likes
Many227
Apprentice
Options

Thus happened to me right after a samsung software "upgrade". Why is it that samsung upgrades only succeed in BREAKING THINGS???

0 Likes
noFeelingz7
First Poster
Options

that made my whole firestick disappear... wtf?

0 Likes