Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Amazon app won't stream in 4k on both my Samsung tvs

(Topic created on: 08-04-2018 12:38 PM)
Lilmosquito
First Poster
Options

I can stream uhd from other sources, internet speed is fine, but amazon only streams in 1080.  The app doesn't show the uhd content list anymore either...help! I've endlessly searched the web and im getting nowhere..Samsung help and amazon havent been much help either....any ideas?

0 Likes
Go to solution
15 REPLIES 15
JoeB1958
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same for me - iplayer works fine for the limited UHD content, Netflix I only have standard so can't comment. 

Amazon will only stream the 4k version at 1080p HDR, everything seems to be up to date.

Craig9178
First Poster
Options

I’ve just got a 65”nu8070 and free amazon prime with my Ee contract 

i selected 4K and it played in 1080p how to I sort this 

0 Likes
Humagui
First Poster
Options

That was a genius solution. Thank you. I just got prime and it was driging me bonkers that it was playing in 1080. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The provided solution certainly is beneficial, though I find navigating to UHD  on my Tv ok.

Another link for 4k content with many  titles listed here https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/find-netflix-amazon-hdr-content-2942413 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Markyboi
First Poster
Options
when i try to watch 4k UHD content o amazon it plays REALLY dark! as if not back-lit at all! this is how spiderman far from home plays!!!! wth!

20210301_114527_2923.jpg

0 Likes
bulutug
First Poster
Options

this is not a solution

i have a samsung Q6FN tv. everything is up to date, my internet speed is 560mbps, but I can't get 4k from Prime Video even I specifically select 4k content such as the The Hobbit films. What is the solution to this???

0 Likes