Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa not responding

(Topic created on: 28-05-2023 03:47 PM)
Madmoose
Apprentice
Options

Hi

My Samsung TV has recently stopped responding the the Amazon Alexa App resulting in the Smart remote now being effectively useless.

When pressing the voice button, I just get a message "loading Amazon Alexa" and then nothing. When selecting the APP I get the Alexa screen but nothing else.

Ive reset the TV and reinstalled the app, checked for updates on both app and TV with no effect. My TV is also connected to the SMART THINGS app as well just in case anyone asks

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Ive changed to Google Assistant and that seems to work fine from the remote, so is there an issue with th Alexa App ?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
Adma
First Poster
Options

Did anything work? I just bought a brand new TV and alexa app is not opening, nothing happens when I click on the application.  Its very annoying 

0 Likes
RSCPA
First Poster
Options

My TV has been doing the same thing with Alexa. So I just deleted the Alexa app from the TV and then reinstalled it. Now it works fine. For how long who knows.

0 Likes
Rob 1
First Poster
Options

Hi, If you go into the Alexa settings and change the Language Alexa responds to, then change it back, it seems to resolve the issue. Did for me anyway. Worth a try…🤞🏻

0 Likes
Vineet_kumar
Apprentice
Options

Thanks @Rob 1 you trick is working, although there is still a lag when start TV for first time but yes it's working 

LynnFrame
First Poster
Options

This is driving me mad, I’ve been on to Amazon customer care for almost an hour and they can’t figure out how to fix it. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled everything, unplugged and plugged back in, and still when I go into My Devices in the Alexa app, the tv is listed as “not responsive”, and Alexa says that it’s not connected and to check the power and WiFi, which are both fine. I’ve even updated the TV’s software. Does anyone have any advice?

0 Likes
Madmoose
Apprentice
Options

I have honestly given up. Same as you on the phone to Amazon for an hour plus. They then said it’s Samsung who then say it’s Amazon. No ownership of the problem. 

LynnFrame
First Poster
Options

Mine finally started working after I uninstalled and reinstalled everything and turned everything back off and on again. It was LABORIOUS.

0 Likes
RSCPA
First Poster
Options

My Alexa continues to work after my post above. As I said in that post, my TV suffered from the same thing all of yours is. So, I uninstalled the Alexa app from my Samsung TV then reinstalled it back onto the TV. It seems to be fine now and working for several days already. I have the Samsung 85" model QN90C.

0 Likes
Jayjr20
First Poster
Options

What worked for me was logging out of the Alexa app and back in. I also reinstalled before as well. 

0 Likes
mrupert11
First Poster
Options

My remote is intermittent. Sometimes the Alexa mic works and other times it does not. It is Samsung. Amazon (Alexa support) stated that it is a known problem with the Samsung TVs (Software).

0 Likes