Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa not responding

(Topic created on: 28-05-2023 03:47 PM)
Madmoose
First Poster
Options

Hi

My Samsung TV has recently stopped responding the the Amazon Alexa App resulting in the Smart remote now being effectively useless.

When pressing the voice button, I just get a message "loading Amazon Alexa" and then nothing. When selecting the APP I get the Alexa screen but nothing else.

Ive reset the TV and reinstalled the app, checked for updates on both app and TV with no effect. My TV is also connected to the SMART THINGS app as well just in case anyone asks

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Ive changed to Google Assistant and that seems to work fine from the remote, so is there an issue with th Alexa App ?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
AaronAJ
Options

Can you confirm your model number of your TV, @Madmoose ? You can find this via Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. You can also find this on the back of the TV on a white sticker.

Also, have you spoken to Amazon in regard to their app? 

0 Likes
Madmoose
First Poster
Options

Model number is QE50Q60TAUXXU

Ive not contacted Amazon as yet

The app is opening up now, but it is not responding to the remote. The remote appears to control all aspects of the TV and batteries are new ?

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Are you using the normal remote or smart remote, @Madmoose ? If the remote control is working normally but not with the Alexa app, we'd recommend contacting Amazon to see if there is an issue with their app.

0 Likes
Madmoose
First Poster
Options

ok. So Amazon Alexa is now working. It had disconnected from the app on my phone. However Im still unable to change channels as it is asking me for a TV VIDEO Skill to be enabled. When I search on the Alexa app there are none for Samsung TV ? 

0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

Certain commands may not be compatible with our TVs, @Madmoose , we'd recommend speaking to Amazon to confirm this.

0 Likes
Vineet_kumar
Apprentice
Options

Hi can you please help with steps which helped you?

Recently i bought a Samsung smart TV with Smart Remote with IoT sensors, unfortunately when i am switching my voice assistant to Alexa its not working and show same message - Amazon Alexa is loading while Bixy is working fine.

My model number is UA43CUE70AKLXL

0 Likes
Madmoose
First Poster
Options

Hi

To be honest it worked for about 1 day and then stopped again. I gave up trying. 

Amazon support were useless and Samsung were not much better. 

There is clearly an issue between the smart thing app the tv and Alexa.  Which nobody seems to worry about. Effectively my smart remote is gathering dust as it’s unusable!!!

Sorry I can’t give you an answer

0 Likes
Vineet_kumar
Apprentice
Options

Yes, i again tried everything like linking smartthings with Alexa on my phone, but no luck.

Is there a Samsung representative who can help on community?

0 Likes
Sanathshetty
Apprentice
Options

I just got a new samsung cu7700 smart tv. 
the bixby voice assistant is slower like a grandma. The amazon alexa app just doesnt open. It just crashes.

i tried to connect my echo dot, it worked but it doesnt let me control the video and apps. Just the volume and power works using echo.

now my question to the support team here is, there are two assistant given bixby is *****. Alexa doesnt open on tv. What should i be doing

0 Likes