Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL4 app not working on Samsung TV UE43TU7100KXXU

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 09:20 PM)
KB70
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

I have recently bought the above Samsung TV.  I logged into my All4 account yesterday and watched a number of things on the App.  I tried to re-log in today and now the App is not playing content.  I can search and move around looking for programmes, but when I click play, I get the Channel 4 adverts, but then it will not play the programme.  the message I get is ALL4-011: This content is currently unavailable.  Please try again later.  I have tried a number of different shows and the same things happens no matter which programme I try.  The on demand service works on my computer, so there seems to be something wrong with it playing on my TV.  I have searched to try to reset the smart hub (after seeing some similar old posts), however I cannot find anywhere on my TV where I can re-set the smart hub.  I would appreciate some support and a way to resolve this issue. 

21 REPLIES 21
Trixxx8
Apprentice
Options

Btw…. Stop giving me motivational badges and sort my TV out. When you do that I will be in a position to give you a gold star or even better a pat off n the back! How insulting!! Bloody badges! 

yeahbutwhytho
First Poster
Options

Similar issue. I can start a programme, ads play, the first part plays, ads play, then I'm kicked out. I can go back in and select the programme but have to watch all the ads again. This happens for every single break no matter what I'm watching. Used to happen occasionally but every single time the last couple of weeks. TV is up to date. What is going on Samsung?!

0 Likes
SHRX
First Poster
Options

Same here. I've been having a drawn out conversation with Channel 4 about it but after following their advice and going around in circles for a while, they say to contact Samsung. 

0 Likes
SHRX
First Poster
Options

By slow, I mean I email them and they get back to me 4-5 weeks later.

0 Likes
Annapiana
First Poster
Options

Same exact issue. Only set up the tv on Friday, started watching All 4 fine, then I try and watch a second time and get all the adverts then “content unavailable”. Same error code. 
Yet I can watch it on my old Samsung tv upstairs?? Please help! Should not be having these issues with a brand new tv…

0 Likes
Nick712
First Poster
Options

Hi, me too. I have 3 smart TVs around the house and 2 work fine with All4. However, the big 55inch TV has now started to show adverts only, followed by the annoying “content unavailable, etc…”. This has only started in the past fortnight - previously it had shown All4 perfectly fine. I have tried all of the remedies listed in this thread but to no avail……can even get All4 on my Samsung mobile!! Grrrrrrr 😞 

0 Likes
NicknameToPost
Student
Options

So I tried resetting the smart hub

All4 is still not working properly and now I get an error when trying to reinstall the Amazon Prime Video app. So, this solution has made my TV worse. Thanks. 

0 Likes
SHRX
First Poster
Options

I recently tried connecting the TV to alternative Wifi sources (one ADSL based, one 4G based and one rural radio broadband based). It doesn't work with any of them (well, it plays ads fine) so that seems to rule out a network issue. All other apps seem happy on all three connections. I've previously reset the TV and that didn't work either. It seems that the app is just dysfunctional on a 2020 Samsung TV.

0 Likes
Beanwalls
First Poster
Options

Hi all, 

I have the exact same issue with All4 - other apps work fine. Has anyone got a solution yet? 

0 Likes
KB70
Apprentice
Options

Mine needed a software update in the TV settings.  When I got my TV new I didn't have that available on the TV settings, so I contacted Samsung through their Facebook messenger service and they sent me a file that I could download onto a memory stick and plug into the TV to download that way.  Since then it a) seemed to fix the C4 app issue (although I've not watched it recently) and b) enabled me to do all other software updates directly on the TV.    I found the support via their messenger FB service pretty efficient.  I hope that helps! 

0 Likes