Original topic:

All 4 app stopped working on Smart TV

(Topic created on: 27/07/17 01:19)
Fuzzy
Apprentice
Options
TV

Hello,

All 4 app has stop working via Smart Hub.

The app seems to start but then gets stuck on the loading page

Model Number: UE48H6670.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fuzzy Wuzzy
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution
Watsona
First Poster
Options
TV

I've had the same issue, just fixed it.

menu>smarthub >reset smarthub>

then go through the process as described on screen to reset all of your apps.

you'll need your pin, which if you've not changed it since purchase will be 0000.

you'll also need to re-enter any passwords (for Netflix) etc. if you use paid for services.

View solution in context

Solution
Fuzzy
Apprentice
Options
TV

Thank you to those who replied.

The resetting of the SMART Hub solved the problem. ALL 4 and all the other apps are now working. 

I can't believe that Samsung could not prompt users to update the SMART Hub. 

Please note that resetting the SMART Hub resets most apps to default so LOGIN & PASSWORDS will need to be re-entered. Also some apps may need to be downloaded again.

Once again thank you to those who replied. 

Fuzzy Wuzzy

View solution in context

105 REPLIES 105
Solution
Fuzzy
Apprentice
Options
TV

Thank you to those who replied.

The resetting of the SMART Hub solved the problem. ALL 4 and all the other apps are now working. 

I can't believe that Samsung could not prompt users to update the SMART Hub. 

Please note that resetting the SMART Hub resets most apps to default so LOGIN & PASSWORDS will need to be re-entered. Also some apps may need to be downloaded again.

Once again thank you to those who replied. 

Fuzzy Wuzzy

View solution in context

NickP
First Poster
Options
TV

I've reset my Smarthub three times now. It connects to Ch4 just as you set the hub up, but if you try to connect to it on a later occasion it just hangs.

0 Likes
Russ5
Options
TV
Yes, did all this and it still doesn't work. Been working fine for last couple of years, but now won't load. Reading some of the comments about Channel 4OD I've been lucky to have had decent service for so long. Have now resorted to casting from my laptop. Not ideal!

Note, all other apps work, and internet connection is excellent, so there's something amiss somewhere. Any other quick solutions? My totally non-techy partner loves being able to use the apps. Mention casting and her eyes glaze over!
0 Likes
SSJ
First Poster
Options
TV

I have the same problem - great internet connection and all other Apps are fine.  But All 4 nearly always hangs up on the "paid for by advertising" screen when I try to use it.

Resetting the TV does work at first - but the problem soon comes back a few days later. And the firmware says no updates required - all up to date.  

So so what can we do Samsung?

0 Likes
Filigree94
Options
TV

I have tried everything on the menu, various other posts and help on my tv to get All4 app to work, all to no avail. It works on my iPad and Amazon firetv stick on my kitchen tv. So why can’t it work on my UE48HU7500T Samsung TV. PLEASE HELP.

i am not impressed by the apps that come with it apart from the tv and video apps. Amazon and Netflix apps are fine. The Browser is utter rubbish as far as I can see! Can anyone tell me what use it is? If I can get All4 working again I’ll be happy!

0 Likes
mazen
First Poster
Options
TV

then go through the process as described on screen to reset all of your apps. Audacity

you'll need your pin, which if you've not changed it since purchase will be 0000. Find My iPhone

you'll also need to re-enter any passwords (for Netflix) etc. if you use paid for services. Origin

0 Likes
DJBenz
First Poster
Options
TV

I have exactly the same issue on my Samsung UE40H7000. The TV firmware is 2880 and the All4 version is 6.030

Tried resetting the Smart Hub and apps, removing All4 and re-installing it - nothing works. This is made all the more frustrating by the fact this is my conservatory TV, my main TV is a Samsung UE55MU7000 where All4 works flawlessly.

Has Samsung basically given up on keeping things working on older TVs?

0 Likes
Chris128
First Poster
Options
TV

How long does the hub take to update? 

0 Likes
JC44
Options
TV

My reset smart hub is not enabled 

any ideas anyone ?

0 Likes
Joanne1
Apprentice
Options
TV

I have the same problem.... Bought a new TV on Saturday, as i wanted to be able to use all4, and it just won't work ..... Get to 1st ad break and the freezes.... Just won't load. I've reset hub ... Reinstalled app... Called Samsung and nothing is working .... Is this just a Samsung thing ?? Can anyone help or do I just need to give up on a Samsung TV and get a different one .... Help 😞 

Fuzzy
Apprentice
Options
TV
Hello Joanne1
I searched many sites before I found this site, I saw on other sites that some of the 2016 Samsung models are currently having issues with some apps including All 4 and that Channel 4 and Samsung are working to resolve that issue, maybe your model is a 2016.

Making sure that your firmware is up to date and the resetting of the Smart Hub seem to have resolved most people's issues.
Maybe you should also contact Channel 4 as they can advise you on your exact model.
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Tom54
First Poster
Options
TV

I have called samsung on four different occasions one put in a different dns, another did a reset factory, another did the same DNS changing thing, and finally the last reset the smart hub and everything worked just fine until the next morning and there it went again.  I get prime and netflix but redbox ,hulu,vudu, sirus mx or any of the rest don not work.  If everytime I want to watch a different app and have to do a reset and have to reenter all of the passwords and username get pretty time consumming.  I don't understand why it doesn't hold the app.  Is there an internal problem?

0 Likes
d-roach2011
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi - I had same problem for ages on my Smart TV. Then, I decided to delete the app altogether and turn the TV off for a couple of minutes. After waiting, I reset the TV and had to sign in again. After that, I reinstalled the All4 App and now it works fine. Hope the same will happen for you and all that are having this problem.

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options
TV

I've been experiencing the same thing on a brand new Q9FN, and resetting the Smart Hub didn't fix it. I've just replied to another thread with a video of the issue & the fact I've raised it with Channel 4 via their support form.

0 Likes
bsteve
Apprentice
Options
TV

I have the same problem on my month old Q6F TV. I have been incontact with Samsung and All4 who agree there is a problem and tell me that their technical people are trying to solve it. No-one can tell me when or whether. My contact is senior admin person called Kath so try her. 

I am disgusted with Samsung - it has totally destroyed my confidence in them and make me wonder whehther to return it and but another make.

We have had the smart hub and apps reset three times to no effect. If we resume the next day, we sometimes manage to watch a litle more perhaps one or two advert breaks.

Come on Samsung - deal with the problem!

0 Likes
AlphaDaev
Apprentice
Options
TV

Well for me it's been a month since I got in contact with Channel 4 on the audio issue and still nothing in response of any substance, just the same old "try resetting the Smart Hub" that's failed repeatedly to touch the problem.

Still using the Fire Stick exclusively for All 4 which is a pain but not the end of the world.

I don't think Samsung have any control over the apps however so until Channel 4's engineers pull their collective fingers out and release an update solving this problem we're all stuck.

My suggestion would be to remove all the adverts on Sausung TV's since it's them that break the functionality.

samsongnogood
First Poster
Options
TV

I put my TV on last night and got a message saying samsung needs to up date.  after update all catchup apps are deleted and no way of re-installing them. called samsung this morning and have been told samsung are aware of the issue and there is no fix available, nor will there be.  Seems Samsung have not paid anyone in the UK the app owners licence fee to install these apps and so they are being slowly uninstalled.  Nor can you install any apps outwith the samsung app store.  So Samsung are less than useless.

endpoint101
Navigator
Options
TV

Which TV model did that happen on?

0 Likes
bsteve
Apprentice
Options
TV

QE496FN

0 Likes