Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa not working on Samsung Q80T

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 08:58 AM)
propete10
First Poster
Options

I have Alexa setup but the TV will never react when I say "Alexa" whilst holding the microphone button on my smart remote. I have also tried Alexa hands free enabled on my Q80T TV and I can see the remote reacts when I say Alexa (red light comes on) but nothing happens on my TV no matter what I say. I have smartthings enabled so I can control my TV from other devices and this only partially works

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Steffen32
First Poster
Options

The same problem here: Alexa is configured correctly, but she does not react neither by using the microphone button on the remote control nor with a simple "Alexa". The red light at the remote flashes at every sound not only when I say "Alexa"

0 Likes
Fernando2425
Apprentice
Options

Alexa doesn’t work in Samsung TV. So easy. Please check it

0 Likes
Jerry42
First Poster
Options

Sorry that this is not going to be any help for your problem... but just another satisfied customer.  Just set-up a brand new 55" Q80T.  User interface is AWFUL!  Can not change channels.  When I use Alexa, the TV confirms back correctly.  Eg.  I say "go to channel 25".. Alexa says back "Tuning to 25"... but the tv goes to channel 2... or 5... or 255... or does not change at all.  When I use the remote to select the channel number and click "Done"... it Never goes to the channel I "type" in.  Samsung help desk says it is the remote.  Can't be as the feedback from the TV is always correct... but it never goes to the specified channel.  Best of luck to all of us.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@propete10: I'm not familiar with the relevant voice wake up commands for Alexa, however I recommend heading to Home > Settings > General > Voice > Amazon Alexa Settings, where you can refer to the available options. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Amstaff1968
First Poster
Options

Re-pair the remote by holding back button and play/pause button for three seconds.  This worked for me.  Microphone now fine.

propete10
First Poster
Options
thanks for the help. I tried this but it still says it can't connect to Alexa services. of course the TV has a working internet connection through WiFi
0 Likes
King Foundry
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem with my television. Restarting the TV didn't help. However after restarting the TV and removing the batteries from the remote control fix the problem. I believe just removing the batteries from the remote control will fix the problem in the future.

0 Likes
Rickster1
First Poster
Options

Mine does same thing no matter weather I'm using alexa or the remote , I would think samsung would address this and make it right . Very dissatisfied with samsung right now. Tv picture is great but it sucks trying to navigate channels 

0 Likes
Nikki_K
First Poster
Options

Thank you. Worked for me.  All fixed. 

0 Likes