Airplay Problems Q70t

(Topic created on: 14-10-2020 04:54 PM)
Kelownagurl
First Poster
Options

Re: Airplay on a 

65" Class Q70T QLED 4K UHD HDR Smart TV

A bit of a long story so bear with me.

Bought floor model yesterday.  Got it set up fine, wifi, cable box, prime and NF apps all good, but can't connect my MacBook Pro, iPhone 6s, or iPad 2.  I was able to find the TV on all devices, get the code from the TV and input it to my devices, but then the tv screen goes black and/or bumps back to the Airplay settings. 

So - I contact Samsung on their online chat and the guys walks me thru a few things, then gets me to go into Mabook settings and turn on screen sharing which works for the laptop. Yay.  But still no connection for phone or iPad.  He gets me to try a few more things. No go.  So he asks me if I'm wiling to reset the TV back to factory settings which means losing the passwords and connections I've made so far and I agree, no problem.  Reset, connect everything again.  

Then we try airplay again and now I can't even connect the laptop to the TV, like I was finally able to earlier.  I can see the TV on the list but it just keeps telling me it can't connect.  It doesn't even get as far as the black screen and the Airplay settings, in fact, I can't even find the airplay settings on the TV any more so I'm wondering if the airplay aspect is gone now, and if so, how do I get it back?

The tech chat guy asked me to wait (assuming while he went to get more help) but he never came back.  I closed the chat window after waiting 40 minutes.  I am going to try the online chat again later today but thought maybe someone here might have some advice.

Yes, all devices are on the same wifi system. 

Thanks,

Barb

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Kelownagurl
First Poster
Options

Also, TV firmware is up to date. iPhone has iOS 14, MacBook has Catalina.

0 Likes
Daniel821
First Poster
Options

Did you found any solution?Because I have same problem ? Thx 

0 Likes
Kelownagurl
First Poster
Options

Yes!  I contacted my ISP and apparently I only had to switch from the 5 ghz to the 2.4 ghz connection.  Once I switched, the problem was solved.  

Initially I had a blended signal turned on so we had to go in and turn that off first so the signals were separated into 2.4 and 5 and I was able to see them when I searched for a wifi signal.  I made sure all my devices were on the 2.4 ghz connection and I also disconnected my TV wifi and reconnected to 2.4.

0 Likes
Husai
First Poster
Options

I have a little problem. While connecting my ipad to my samsung q70t by by airplay, its connected actually, but its make some cutting and tearings in the video while I’m  playing it. That’s happening also when I’m connecting my laptop (a windows Microsoft laptop) a wireless connection to the TV. So, is there is any thing that i can do in the settings to stop these tearings?

0 Likes