Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

AirPlay not working

(Topic created on: 10-03-2020 04:24 PM)
LAW1
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Smart TV 7 Series (UA43RU7100K). When I did the setup, I could connect my iPhone X to the TV via AirPlay, but now it does not work at all. 
My TV and phone is connected to the same wifi. 
Please help

Go to solution
55 REPLIES 55
Jamiemc54
First Poster
Options

Thank you that worked for me.

0 Likes
wemweb
Student
Options

Thank you restarting the router worked for me too. 

0 Likes
Ami Ami
First Poster
Options

This may not be a permanent fix, but mine stopped working today, randomly. I tried a few times and it just didn’t connect. 

I disconnected wifi from my iPhone. Then I restarted my router for my wifi, I also took off the air play through the settings on the Tv and switched the Tv off for 10 seconds.

I then put my TV & router on and waited for the connection. 
Then I put airplay back on through TV settings. 

I connected my phone to the WiFi Screen mirrored & it worked.! 

hope this helps. 
But surely Samsung this isn’t on😒

BlkBruceLee-Roy
First Poster
Options

Connected to router and worked immediately. Thanks!

0 Likes
Sanpl
First Poster
Options

I just ran into the exact issue. Could not mirror from my MacBook but was able to from IPhone and IPad. This link helped me fix the issue. https://ruaidray.medium.com/how-to-mirror-screen-from-macbook-on-any-airplay-enabled-modern-tv-f5eee... . Hope it helps! 

wemweb
Student
Options

Thanks for taking the time to show and explain this, appreciated.👍

0 Likes
Diannechr
Journeyman
Options
  • My firewall was off so this isn’t a fix for me - so frustrating that I’ve given up even trying 
Ghazi Mizan
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me with my Samsung 7 Series TV and all I did was factory reset it and it started working I hope it works for you too :smiling-face:

0 Likes
rafab1
First Poster
Options

*SOLUTION*

In a chat with a Samsung tech today, I was walked through several possible fixes (no love at that point).  After uploading screen shots of both the TV's "about" info and my iPhone/Macbook's list of AirPlay devices, I was asked to (1) unplug TV from the wall for 30 seconds, then (2) change the Frame TV's IP address manually to 8.8.8.8  and ------ SOLVED!  

"Samsung The Frame"  appeared in all of my devices -- iPhone, iPad and Macbook Air.

0 Likes
Diannechr
Journeyman
Options
  • Can you please explain “frame tv”  and steps 
0 Likes