Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

AirPlay not working

(Topic created on: 18-06-2021 06:28 PM)
LAW1
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Smart TV 7 Series (UA43RU7100K). When I did the setup, I could connect my iPhone X to the TV via AirPlay, but now it does not work at all. 
My TV and phone is connected to the same wifi. 
Please help

55 REPLIES 55
UniAce
First Poster
Options

I made an account just to post here.  Had the same problem as everyone else, and the other solutions weren't working.  Here's what did work for me: Forced my router to use different names for 2.4GHz and 5GHz network, and made the TV connect to the 2.4GHz one.

Here are the steps I did:

my router is: AT&T Arris BGW210-700.  I used my mac to log into the Router's interface using a web browser.  (To find your router's IP address, on your Mac go to System Preferences, Network, Advanced, TCP/IP and see where it says Router: XXX.XXX.X.XXX (except with real numbers).  type those numbers into a web browser, and then you'll likely need to enter a code that's printed on the router)

In the router interface, I went to Home Network, then Wi-Fi.  I saw that the router generates a 2.4GHz and 5GHz wi-fi network, and that both had the same exact SSID (name).  So I then clicked "Advanced Options" and set the Network Name (SSID) to something different for the 2.4GHz network.  I got a warning message about this messing up some vague optimization or whatever.  I went through with it anyway.  Then on the Samsung 7 TV, I went to Settings, General, Network, Open Network Settings, Wireless, and chose the newly renamed 2.4GHz network.  This was the key solution.  Now I can do Airplay from my Mac to the TV and it works.  It works when I have the Mac connected to the 2.4GHz network OR the 5GHz network.  The key was forcing the TV to for-sure connect to 2.4GHz (and not a dual-band SSID).

0 Likes
frifriday
First Poster
Options

I tried multiple ways and what finally worked was: I turned off and on the Airplay option on TV and this got TV name shown on the airplay list from my devices. BTW, I connected to 5GHz wifi.

0 Likes
cypresstony
First Poster
Options

Tekniton came to my house yesterday.  Their diagnosis is that since my Smart TV 6 is only pulling down 25 mbps from my 70 mbps download wifi, then I need to up the router priority for my TV.  That doesn't sound like it will solve the problem since it seems to me that the issue is with the TV's wifi radio receiver.  Has anyone seen this issue too?   I can cast movies, pics, and FB videos, but hidef movies and ESPN videos will not cast to the TV via Airplay

0 Likes
2xues
First Poster
Options

GOT IT TO WORK THIS WAY

How do I fix AirPlay on my Mac?

Some Mac users also need to perform these additional steps:

1. Make sure your Firewall isn’t blocking AirPlay:
    • Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall.
    • Click the padlock and enter your administrator password to make changes.
    • Open the Firewall Options and make sure Block all incoming connections isn’t turned on.
    • Check the box to Automatically allow built-in software to receive incoming connections
  • WORKED RIGHT AWAY BEST OF LUCK
0 Likes
2xues
First Poster
Options

didn't work for me but glad this was a solution for you. see my post for what worked for me if you'd like to give that a try.

0 Likes
tpverma02
First Poster
Options

I have struggled to start airplay with my iPhone to Samsung Smart TV QLED Q70T from 1 month and not success as always screen freezes and photo or video stopped screen mirroring.

There after I have found solution by hit and trial that is use 2.4GHz band of your Wifi router for connecting TV as well as iphone or ipad.

Now problem is resolved, Airplay working now flawlessly for complete details please visit by post:

https://newtechworld.net/screen-mirror-iphone-to-samsung-smart-tv/

0 Likes
Supernova
First Poster
Options

Ik I might be late, but I think I got it. Okay so go to setting, go to “General” then “System Manager” and the second to last “Auto Protection Time” and turn it off. You will know it’s off is the blue dot 🔵 turns to gray! I will keep testing turn it on and off just to see if this what causes that problem. Hopefully I can help some of u guys :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Reggie Graves
First Poster
Options

You have to go into your tv settings. Then airplay settings and turn airplay on. Idk why it randomly seems to shut off. Even when it wasn’t on it still worked from my laptop, but not from my iPhone. But this seems to have done the trick!

0 Likes
Diannechr
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately that’s not the issue - it’s on just won’t connect - I’ve completely given up and just loaded apps on my TV 

Randomly YouTube and FB work but not stuff like HBOmax Peacock etc 

0 Likes
tonirags
First Poster
Options

how do i unpair them so i can try this?

0 Likes