Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

AirPlay not working

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 07:13 AM)
LAW1
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung Smart TV 7 Series (UA43RU7100K). When I did the setup, I could connect my iPhone X to the TV via AirPlay, but now it does not work at all. 
My TV and phone is connected to the same wifi. 
Please help

55 REPLIES 55
LukeMadilly
Apprentice
Options

Same TV, same problem.

LizzyPC
First Poster
Options

I have had exactly the same problem. I also have the same tv and iphone. It was working perfectly for a while, then all of a sudden, it stopped working.

I have also tried with my Mac and an iPhone 8 and it's still the same problem.

I've searced everywhere on the net for a solution and have come up with nothing.

Can anyone help?

Solution
LukeMadilly
Apprentice
Options

I think I figured it out. For some reason when I plugged TV directly into my router with a cord, AirPlay worked. So I realized the problem may not be with the TV, but the signal between the router and TV after I first connected the TV to my internet.

So, I then decided to reset my router by unplugging it for a few minutes and then plugging it back In. It seems like that "refreshed" the system and all the devices connected to it (my tv included) and it has been working for two days now. 

Pancho3
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Have an RU7100 Samsung smart tv, theoretically, compatible with Airplay. However, I cannot get iPhone or MAC connected to the tv. I tried the cable Ethernet TV to router but that didn't seem to work, not sure if i need to reset something or simply connect. Tried factory reset, update software from the tv & hard reset. Even looked for an Apple TV app. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas or solution. In fact in the Settings, General tab, Airplay does not even appear as an option. Help!!

THX

Thndr
First Poster
Options

Same problem. Q70. It worked fine in the past. Nothing changed network wise. Now it won't connect. 

LukeMadilly
Apprentice
Options

Every now and then mine goes off too. I just plug the Ethernet cord back in and it goes back to working fine. A day or two later I unplug it, reconnect wifi, and it works again. 

Eventually I’m gonna drill a hole in the wall to hide the Ethernet cord from sight, then just leave it in. It’s not ideal, but what I’ve been doing has been working. 

VegaMan
Apprentice
Options

Airplay does not work on my tv when connected to a 5 ghz wifi network.   Connect to a 2 ghz network instead.   or disconnect from the 5 ghz.    Channel interference likely the problem.

Visholm11
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem, and have tried all of the above, and still no luck, any other ideas, or is samsung who needs to fix it with an update?

Diannechr
Journeyman
Options

Thank you !  That worked !! 

0 Likes