Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirPlay not streaming videos from website

(Topic created on: 28-04-2021 05:44 PM)
cypresstony
First Poster
Options

I'm trying to stream a 55 minute movie from my iPhone XR running iOS 14.4.2 using my Samsung 2018 UHD TV model UN50NU6950.

I can successfully use AirPlay to fling pictures and small videos from my Camera Roll.  I also can successfully fling a Netflix movie using AirPlay to the TV.  However, for this one particular movie called "The Chosen" starting from the iPhone app, it will not stream.

The TV shows the rotating circle and times out after 10 minutes.  The iPhone does show "Samsung 6 Series" in the list of available systems for AirPlay.  The TV is properly configured for AirPlay and is confirmed due to my being able to view pictures, small videos and Netflix.

I'm running Netgear NIghthawk Mesh WiFi.  Their app says the Samsung TV is using the 2.4 Ghz side of the WiFi.  I did reboot the router and there was no change.

I'm loathed to issue a TV "factory reset" because 1) the hassle of redefining everything, and 2) AirPlay already works for other items.

Is there anything else I can check or do?  I'm afraid this could be a licensing or content prohibition from the app, but I doubt it since it plays on my iPhone with no problem; it just doesn't fling to the TV via AirPlay.

TIA.  Tony

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0