Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air play not working on my Samsung 8 series

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 10:29 AM)
CarmenD
First Poster
Options

Airplay is not working from my macbook air to Samsung 8. I works with my iPhone and iPad, but not with macbook.

Samsung and Macbook air are on the same WI-Fi network, i've tried everything I found on forums and youtube but stil on my macbook, when clicking on airplay icon there is not samsung as a paired device.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
HarriTech
Explorer
Options
Hey. air play is an apple only product and doesn't work with android I'm afraid. you would need an ipad for air play to work. This is why the samsung won't appear in the device list.
0 Likes
CarmenD
First Poster
Options

As I mentioned in my post, all my devices are APPLE, iPhone, iPad and including MacBook air!

I don't understand why your answer refers to android.

0 Likes
HarriTech
Explorer
Options
I'm referring to android because of the title of your post. also this is a samsung only forum. not apple. apple have their own forum so if you have apple products you should be looking on there not a Samsung forum

Screenshot_20201202-101605_Samsung Members_1691.jpg

0 Likes
CarmenD
First Poster
Options

Yes, but my TV is a SAMSUNG 8 series.

0 Likes
CarmenD
First Poster
Options

I'm trying to mirror, via airplay, from an apple device TO A SAMSUNG TV that has the airplay function.

0 Likes
HarriTech
Explorer
Options
Right ok. makes more sense now. I took samsung 8 as the S8 😔 So air play only works wry 8th apple products. The only way it can be mirrored to a TV is if you connect an apple tv device to your Samsung TV. Samsung won't allow air play because its apple. apple won't allow airplay because its Samsung
0 Likes
CarmenD
First Poster
Options

Sorry, but this is a wrong answear!

Samsung TV har the air play function in it exactly to be abble to mirror from a apple device, without an apple tv device!!!

Please give the case to somebody who knows what he or she is talking about!

0 Likes
HarriTech
Explorer
Options
apologies. i don't work for samsung, I'm just a community member. only specific models have air play. which model do you have?
0 Likes