Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial not detected

(Topic created on: 20-04-2020 03:57 PM)
andyd63
First Poster
Options

This seems to be a regular problem on here, but let's see if anyone can help.

Bought a QE49Q60RAT 2 weeks ago. The first time I connected and went through setup it worked perfectly. Connected to internet and connected to the aerial and detected all the DTT channels.

Turned it on next day, all channels gone, and no Broadcast tab in the settings, but still internet and my Netflix. Tried everything; reconnected aerial, reset TV, added a booster, disconnected all other TV's on that aerial, tried the old Panasonic on that aerial (worked fine), tried the Samsung in different rooms where other TV's are working, all to no avail. My feeling was that the TV tuner had a fault, as the lack of "Broadcast" tab leads me to believe it is not detecting a signal from the aerial which is clearly there. There is a BT Youview box I have under the TV which still works with the aerial, and I could connect and watch terrestial TV with that, but why should I have to put up with a TV that I feel is faulty, and have to use 2 remotes too?

Anyways, went on the Samsung chat assistant, and he suggested Reset TV, which once I'd done and it still didn't work he said that's all he could do (Like I hadn't thought of, and done that myself), but asked if it was a shared aerial. When I said yes he said that was the problem, it needed it's own dedicated aerial! What!?

I argued with him, that in this modern day and age, when families have 3, 4 or maybe more TV's, they each have to have their own aerial? BS!    Besides, I disconnected all the other TV's with no effect, and the Panasonics work, and it is not as if it detected channels, but they were breaking up through poor signal strength or quality. BTW checking with my Youview box the signal strength was 60% (don't know what dB that correlates to) and quality 100%, not the most accurate measure I know.

So am I doing something wrong, does this TV need its own aerial or is it faulty? I need to know, because I don't want to return it and order another Samsung if all their TV's need a dedicated aerial. I may have to go Panasonic, Sony or even LG

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
RB869
First Poster
Options

You have any luck sorting this out ? 

0 Likes
Geffy1
First Poster
Options

have the same problem. My air aerial worked and I changed he cable for a shorter one and it did not work.

I connected another tv and it worked fine.

0 Likes
Trying and failing
First Poster
Options

Same problem here.  I even bought a brand new aerial and works fine with the other telly but the Samsung one doesn’t recognise the aerial anymore (It was ok until one week ago). I have reset the Tv, have tried auto and manual running and the tv has it’s own aerial and still can’t detect it.

Samsung Assistant, can you please help?

I have a 43UJ670V -ZD

This model always has problems if we try to watch Disney+ as it keeps resetting the app every 30min or so. My Philips tv is 14 years old and works better than a Samsung. Any aerial, All devices connected to it, without a problem.

0 Likes