Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads on TV

(Topic created on: 24-12-2020 09:42 AM)
PeterSams
Journeyman
Options

Does anybody know how to turn off really annoying ads popping up on menu bar of tv. I didn't pay nearly £2500 to be bombarded with this rubbish. I have a QLED Q8. Any help would be gratefully received as this is driving me to distraction.

49 REPLIES 49
pixielily
Student
Options

I found on You tube how to do it and it  has helped. He explains it well.

Shame on Samsung  not to address this in a simple how to way.

gsusi
Explorer
Options

Can't find the universal guide app within the list of apps, searching for it doesn't bring any results.

Blocked e-manual but didn't help.

0 Likes
gsusi
Explorer
Options

Writing this from a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G I've just put on sell, and in front of a f****** 75" TV that I need to figure out how to get rid of, Samsung has crossed the line here.

Bought this TV for my 80 years old dad a few months ago, now I'm back home and I discover you've been selling his attention to the best bidder. It's confusing enough for the elderly to have so many apps, featured content, etc, to now have freaking ads too...

It's absolutely disgusting, the way Samsung treats their customers from the product development side is infuriating. At least Apple understood the concept: if you overcharge your customers don't turn then into products the first chance you have - Siri is sh*t and they live with it, because it's what their customers pay for.

I really hope this gets viral and you get the poor press this decision deserves.

gsusi
Explorer
Options

As a note, writing this from the most expensive Android device out there, which runs on a Samsung Exynos 990, a sh****y processor that Samsung feels entitled to force their customers in Europe to use. Overheats often and shortens the battery life by at least a 22% compared to the American version.

In case you were thinking to put a ban on Samsung TVs, consider extending it to smartphones.

JLW2
First Poster
Options

This worked for me but I should not have to do this.  While it is too late to return my TV, I will never buy Samsung again.  I find Samsung’s imposing adds on the products we purchased without notifying us of the terms and conditions prior to sale completely unacceptable bordering on unethical.  Samsung does not deserve our business. I work for a company with 65,000 employees and I have global access to all of them and I will be notifying our employee community of Samsung’s practices. I encourage everyone to use their social networks to tell everyone, if they spend their hard earned money on a Samsung TV, they will be forced to have adds streamed to that TV with no ability to turn them off without third party hardware or software.

alancameron
Apprentice
Options

Just one spot, its equal 1 customer out. Really expensive for Samsung.

snedker
First Poster
Options

They are. They just don't care. I am quite satisfied with my Samsung TV in almost all respects. But by principle it will be my last Samsung product ever.

LehighProf
First Poster
Options

I have the 2022 Neo 75".  Unchecking the personalized ad feature and not agreeing to the terms had no affect.  I also blocked the various Samsung websites listed in the blogs.  The ads are still there.  I finally blocked the TV from accessing the internet completely and PROBLEM SOLVED!  The ads are gone.  I use my Apple TV for my streaming needs, so I didn't really need the TV to be smart.  I realize that this solution is pretty much a nuclear  option and may not be acceptable to others.  Good Luck to current owners and to potential owners:caveat emptor!

Mozzmanau
Journeyman
Options

Same. I'm doing with Samsung. Bought this tv and I am so pisses off. My next phone will be a Google pixel and I'll be returning this trash and their a saint. So f##king pissed off

Mozzmanau
Journeyman
Options

Tried it. Didn't work. Returning it tomorrow and getting a sony. Have bought Samsung for years. This will be the last product of theirs EVER

0 Likes