Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Backlight Settings on QE55QN700ATX QLED TV

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 09:58 AM)
Muzz
Explorer
Options

Could somebody please tell me how to access the Backlight settings on my QE55QN700ATX, or doesn't it have one?

The previous Samsung TV I owned had a backlight, but this TV's picture seems so dark, even with the brightness turned up to its fullest, so I am hoping I can somehow turn up the backlight to make the picture better.

I understand there are various settings that will try to make the TV work it out for itself on a picture by picture basis but I do not want the picture to keep changing, I just want to set the controls myself and have a steady reliable picture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This youtube video may be helpful

Does my Samsung TV
Have backlight

https://youtu.be/YVKS9_hgoHE
0 Likes
Muzz
Explorer
Options

Thanks Steve, but that video assumes that I have a Backlight option, but I do not, just Brightness and Contrast.

If the TV itself doesn't have a Backlight then I'm kind of scuppered as the TV picture just isn't bright enough.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
HI @Muzz As far as I am aware there is no backlight option on this Tv, on more recent models brightness setting replaced the specific Backlight and the old Brightness has become shadow Detail. You can improve Brightness by adjusting the Gamma. Review here https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/samsung-qn700a-8k-qled-price-release-date-specs some calibration tips for 2021 Tv's generally in this video :

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Muzz
Explorer
Options

Hi @JAMES4578 , thanks for the info.

I had already increased Gamma to full but it still isn't quite bright enough.  I have Shadow detail set to +3, anything greater than that affects the dark areas and makes them pulsate so I only go as far as +3.  I'll try the other recommended settings in the video to see if they help.

Do we know why the simple-to-use Backlight option was replaced with combinations of more complicated settings?  Is it to conform to certain energy saving regulations?  Is this the way all Samsung TVs will be going in the future?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
@Muzz oh right,yes seems the way all modern Samsung Tv's will be. LIkely be at least partly due to energy regulations.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Muzz
Explorer
Options

@JAMES4578  - did the link to the video get removed?  I went to access it today and couldn't access it - are you able to post it again for me please?  I'll bookmark it this time :smiling-face:

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi@Muzz I'll send video to you privately, in case there was any issue though TV videos are usually fine.

Ninko
Journeyman
Options
Could you send the video to me too, I can't see it.
Thanks
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Ninko  Fine, I have sent the video to you via Private Messages.

0 Likes