Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About the poor Customer Service of Group FX (Samsung UK support subsidiary)

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 05:32 PM)
7D7
Student
Options

Hi everyone,

I have just looged a formal complaint with the Samsung Customer Support of this.

If you are based in London and want your product to be serviced while under warranty beware: Samsung is relying on a third party company called Group FX and they are simply offering the worst client facing services I have experienced with Samsung.

Forget the efficiency of the German Samsung service team or the professional handling of Samsung France.

This is a completely different experience.

First let me list the positive:

. Group FX engineers are actually nice people and helpful

Now the negative:

. The lady answering the phone there is awful

. She would make everything she can to deter you to book an engineer appointment - even stating she will make you pay for the visit if the problem is not serious (Samsung Customer Support told me it is BS and you will pay nothing if you are under warranty)

. Don't expect Group FX to call you on the day of the visit to give you a precise time by 10H30 (they won't do it)

. Don't expect Group FX to log your repair in a timely manner as well (you have to call them for them to do so)

Bonus: Here is the exchange I had with the client facing lady you get when you book your repair @ 01708 361560

[Second call on the day to trying to understand why the engineer isn't there or when is he going to fix my telly]

Me: "I didn't get the call from the engineer regarding the time of the visit, it is 1 hour past the 10H30 deadline?"

Her: "I am going to try to call the engineer" [...] "The engineer is not reachable"

[... Rebooking the visit to a later date...]

Me: "Just to let you know this is unacceptable, I used Samsung in Germany and France, and the service was efficient here..." [Cutting me]

Her: "This is England here, you will have to follow our procedures"

Me: "Well your procedure is to get a call by 10H30, so  if I don't a call by 10H30 you can not expect me to wait forever  and  I will have to cancel and rebook every single time"

Her: "Well then we will not come"

Me: "I am the client. My television is under warranty so you will have to fix it"

Her: "We will charge you for it"

TL;DR: I called Group FX because their engineer was late/didn't got the call by 10H30 for a timeslot and the lady there not only did not apologised for it but instead acted rudely and threatened  to charge me. Consider ordering your Samsung product through Amazon or consider another brand to avoid that type of problem in the future.

15 REPLIES 15
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@a_k11  There certainly have been a few complaints about  Group FX  with some critical reviews  online . of course this does not mean the problems are universal. however some of the issues raised appear to be unacceptable and it certainly was poor customer service with the last engineer.    I do  not have experience with their service myself.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
a_k11
Journeyman
Options

I assure you, you don't want to experience their service and I hope you never have to. I haven't experienced this level of incompetence for a while, not to mention the completely non existent customer service. 

They get away with it because they know they can and that there won't be any repercussions. My only regret is I didn't make a recording of the last engineer visit, it was utterly bizarre. 

RWilsonL
Apprentice
Options

Don't Samsung realise how badly this incompetent service company reflects on their reputation? I will be exceeding hesitant about buying anything major from Samsung again because of potentially having to deal with these appalling people if the item goes wrong. 

0 Likes
Breeny
First Poster
Options
I'm waiting for them to get back to me regarding a TV. We do not have any option but to use them because Samsung deal with them.
0 Likes
I heart samsuung
First Poster
Options

4 years later and Group FX are still *****, customer service stinks, technical skills suck. Samsung sort it out.

0 Likes
RWilsonL
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung American fridge in France died after the house was struck by lightning, in spite of multi layers of anti surge protection. Given my experience with the same model fridge in the UK, where a spare auger for the ice dispenser is no longer available, is my fridge in France likely to be repairable - no. Will I buy another Samsung fridge in France. Not bloody likely! The abysmal service from the FX group is costing them repeat customers. I will never buy Samsung items again. 

0 Likes