Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8K TV - appears 4k Native - will not go to 8k - QE55Q700TAT

(Topic created on: 02-01-2021 11:37 PM)
wwzzmm
Journeyman
Options

8K  TV - appears 4k Native - will not go to 8k - QE55Q700TAT

Whatever I have tried this TV will not go to 8k, it appears to be 4k native.

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32
wwzzmm
Journeyman
Options

doesnt work - no difference

8k does is seen in the PC but it will not use it.

wickfut
Pioneer
Options

Like I said, It's working here but I can't select lower resolutions than 4k. 

I had to use the DP - HDMI adapter to get it to turn on Input signal plus. It used to work fine, until the firmware update. 

Alpro
Explorer
Options

the second you try to put Input Signal Plus on it just crashes and cant see source

0 Likes
wickfut
Pioneer
Options

So you have the same issue I have. You need to use the DP - HDMI adapter to turn on Input Signal Plus. 

wickfut
Pioneer
Options

I'll uninstall my drivers and do a video for you to get it working. 

wickfut
Pioneer
Options

I did the video. You might have to wait a few mins for youtube to render it at full resolution. 

After the video I restarted and noticed it reverted to 8k 30hz again. 

To fix it I set the Nvidia settings to 4k 60hz and then turned it to 8k again by right clicking the desktop  and changing my display resolution to 8k from Windows display settings. 

Selecting 8k from the Nvidia driver page would keep switching back to 30hz for some odd reason. 

0 Likes
wwzzmm
Journeyman
Options

i can't even get it to 8k 30hz

only 4k 60hz and any attempt to select 8k on any hz is just rejected and resets back to 4k

0 Likes
wwzzmm
Journeyman
Options

no it's not working it's doing the same BS it does to me - shows 8k and only actually works on 4k

it's the most BS tech ever marketed.

it just doesn't work. false advertising and overpriced hype.

0 Likes
Alpro
Explorer
Options

Thanks a lot for the vid, really appreciate it. After doing it when you click 'home' button on the remote does it say full 8k res in top right corner of Samsung UI? Also, did all this only happen after latest firmwarewave update and was fine before? Debating whether to send it back whilst still in grace period. Again, thanks! 

0 Likes
Alpro
Explorer
Options

Also, a quick program for resetting display (wont change drivers but seems to reset default window modes) is CRU (custom resolution utility) if you ever need to do that again.  'Justresetall.exe' and then 'restart.exe'.

0 Likes