Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 15-05-2019 11:30 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

Go to solution
425 REPLIES 425
Gouvernator
First Poster
Options

With my new HDMI cable here, i'm pretty sure that Game-Mode doesn't work in 8K/60. Inputlag stays always the same as with no Gamemode enabled about 50-100ms. 

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Hope you find what is wrong. Testing in game mode 8k@60hz measuring with Video Input Lag Tester (Leobodnar) we measured a low at 8ms and a high of 15ms. Worked really well. 

0 Likes
Gouvernator
First Poster
Options

Pls, dude stop lying.  Video Input Lag Tester (Leobodnar)  is not available in 8K. What you have tested is simply 1080/2160P? picture where Gamemode works fine. 

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Not me that tested. My friend, and among other things that is one tool used. For 8k something else I guess. His room is full of stuff. 😁He uses these stuff partly for a living, so I don't doubt him, nor the others who have tested. 😊 

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

And stop the heck accusing me of lying! What would be my reason for that?! He/we did this the other day, and that was one of the tools he mentioned. If you want help in the forums, you better work on your attitude! 

0 Likes
Gouvernator
First Poster
Options

Again, there is no such thing as  "8K Video Input Lag Tester (Leobodnar)". You or your noob-friend were testing 1080p picture. 

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Again, he used more than ONE tool! Feel sorry for you being so bitter instead of trying to find a solution to whatever causes your input lag. 

clipcarl
Journeyman
Options

If you are using an active HDMI 2.1 cable then a poor implementation of the electronics in the cable could certainly create lag. Are you using cables longer than 3m/9ft (which would not be certified and which would almost certainly be active)?

Also are you running your HDMI cable directly from your game device to the TV and not through an intermediary device such as an AVR, HDMI switch or similar?

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

The Sony X900H TV gets an HDMI 2.1 firmware update, does anyone know how this is done, compared to us who got the One Connect Box swap ? It seems that Vincent at HDTV Test got to test a TV in a store very quickly, only hours after it was announced, so I was wondering if this was possible done through a software update, or if it also had to physically change/add something in the hardware ? I always thought you had to just physically change the HDMI port.

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

The eARC update is also discussed heavily in the German Samsung Community. I have asked one of the mods about an update for the Q 900. He replied that the 2019 models starting with the Q80R will receive the update. However the Q900 from 2018 would  not be on the list

GQ65Q800T