Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 19-10-2020 11:20 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Well that won't work, since making a port 2.1-compatible requires a hardware update. 

Vistrix
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know if the upgraded HDMI 2.1 box is only for 8k customers? What about 4K Q90R customers?

I wouldn't mind Samsung giving us some official clarity on the issue.

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@Vistrix I think the best way to check this is to google it, or search for it in this forum... When I did a google search many have asked in this forum with their own thread and even on Reddit. This thread is specifically made for the Q900R model, and if you read this whole thread you find out that Samsung has not really come out with any official statement or anything even for this TV, other than sending out swapped One Connect Boxes for us Q900R owner, and also the mentioning in its product page.

Skjermbilde 2020-09-12 kl. 21.14.52.png

clipcarl
Journeyman
Options

@Humorsopa wrote:

For what have you been using that resolution, how, and lastly, what model number is your TV? 

I've only used 8k60 as a test so far. My receiver (Denon AVR-S960H) has a setting to upscale all inputs to 8k60 on the output. With that setting on I've confirmed via the AVR's info button display that it is sending 8k60 and confirmed using the TV's info display button (center 'OK' button in directional pad) that it is receiving and displaying 8k60.

My TV's model number is QN75Q900RBFXZA. I bought the TV recently (last month from Vann's and fulfilled by Amazon) so I guess that later TVs in the production run shipped with the upgraded OCB already. My TV was purchased new and the packaging and accessories appeared completely undisturbed and factory-fresh so I don't think the OCB was switched after shipping from the factory.

clipcarl
Journeyman
Options

@tom99 wrote:

only port 4? Did you test the others? It’s a long discussed question if only port 4 or all ports.

I did not test the other ports because the documentation seems clear to me that 8k60 is only possible on port 4.

Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks for the info. The Denon info and the model number explains it all. 😊 The receiver info is absolutely correct, and the reason for that is that you have the 2019 model, QN75Q900RBFXZA, which in Europe is equivalent to the QE75Q950RBTXXC.

The 8K model who initially lacks 2.1 input is the 2018 version, QE75Q900RATXXC, link here...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-QE75Q900RATXXC-TV-QLED-SAMSUNG/dp/B07JHK8FNQ?ref_=d6k_applink_bb_ma...

So, with this, I hope we have cleared things out. This bugged me for a long time. 😁

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

interesting receiver, offered for a nice price! I am thinking about selling my Yamaha receiver and buying a new one, that is future proved, e.g. supporting 8K video.

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
Danielecalabrese75
Apprentice
Options

do you see earc in your connection to the receiever?

0 Likes
Danielecalabrese75
Apprentice
Options

so guys can you confirm taht 8K 2019 model has hdmi 2.1 and earc?>

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

No eARC as of yet. 8K of course. HDMI 2.1 in port 4.

0 Likes